• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia still doesnt understand baseball

Marsaka

you can play professional baseball and still know very little about the game.  just look at hatcher and his "walks are a false stat" theory.

And I would contend that Hatcher knows more about the game than you.

To say a person who has experienced the game on the highest level and coached on the highest level knows little about the game is ignorant.

you can criticize Hatcher's quote.  You can criticize his philosophy, but he certainly knows more about the game than someone who hasn't played baseball on a high level.

Again, what are you credentials again???????

angels hired a former manager like baylor for hitting coach and disar a former minor league coach to be the new 3b coach for no other reason but to hold scioscia's hand and try and reel in his stupidity. the coaching staff surrounding scioscia were changed for a reason, nothing id expect some of you to understand.

Trout has better numbers at #2, but we cannot afford to put an automatic out in the #1 slot in front of him. The #1 needs to battle.

Aybar's had multiple multiple chances at the top of the order, he stinks. I would be more than happy to give Calhoun the #1 slot and see what happens for the first half of the season.

We also cannot have Pujols screwing up Trouts chances of stealing bases whenever possible, and he has NOT demonstrated the past 2 years that he is still the kind of player that should be able to free swing, so he just needs to come to grips that he's going to have to chill the hell out with Trout on base to help the team.

Yet we hear stories that Scioscia is afraid to talk to Albert and tell him to change his course. I'd like to know if there's any truth to those rumors.

angels hired a former manager like baylor for hitting coach and disar a former minor league coach to be the new 3b coach for no other reason but to hold scioscia's hand and try and reel in his stupidity. the coaching staff surrounding scioscia were changed for a reason, nothing id expect some of you to understand.

Haters gonna hate

Yep, Baylor was hired to leverage his 363 - 384 record and 1 WC appearance managing the Rockies over a decade ago, not to mention his successfu stint managing the Cubs, and DiSar for his work in the ultra-competitive Penn League and managing the Pawtucket Sox at a high level for a season.  Thank God Mike has this wealth of knowledge at his disposal....

Please keep posting. I have a very long day of work today and could use the comic relief.

scioscia doesnt have the balls to say anything to pujols.  

heres a pretty good pov that i agree with:  

http://www.halosheaven.com/2014/2/4/5376914/beef-with-scioscia

To me, the first inning of games that Aybar leads off looks something like this… Stats tell us that 70% of the time, Aybar will fail to do what a leadoff hitter is meant to do. So now Trout comes up with 1 out. Lets say that Trout gets a base hit to bring up Pujols. Now, a rational manager would recognize that he has one of the best speed guys in the game on base and utilize that speed to get Trout into scoring position. But not Sosh. No, he’s too worried about "taking the bat out of Pujols hands." Ok, so maybe Pujols sees fewer pitches to hit with an open base. But is that a function of the open base at first or the total lack of respect for a declining Josh Hamilton? And if so, wouldn't it make more sense to hit, I dunno, anyone besides Hamilton in that slot? But if we base our assumptions on last year’s results, we can pretty much expect that Hamilton will be the cleanup hitter and that more often than not he will use that platform to give us another one of his trademark 4-6-3 double plays. Inning over.

Exactly.

I think they should hire me then. I won't be able to hold Scioscia's hand since I don't have any experience.

Edited by KingJustinian

"...and scioscia didnt win the 2002 world series, joe maddon did.  scioscia hasnt even sniffed the world series since his coaching staff has left and his lack of managing skills has been more and more apparent since they left." 

Epic_Facepalm_by_RJTH%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.jpg#

Your avatar is distracting......Thank you.

Of course they did....We all know Disarcina played in several World Series......

Come to think of it......Outside of Boston '86 has Baylor even sniffed a World Series?????

Has Baylor even won as a manager?????

Yea, they were brought in to control the idiot Scioscia.