• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Simers: Here's hoping Angry Arte can carve out time for a good cause

AngelsWin.com

Honestly Simers can't call himself a journalist. He is a giant man-child that calls people names, acts like a butt-hurt teen, and generally tells a very uninteresting story.

How he remains employed is beyond me. Even the worst AW troll could write a better tale than he does and have more integrity doing it.

Man you guys are butt hurt.  

He's a writer.   He's a satirist.   Yes, he's that little kid that runs around the playground and pulls the old "bangkok" joke and runs away.    It's his shtick and he's been doing it for decades.   He's pissed off hundreds (or probably thousands) of people, who still manage to not hate him as much as you all do.    Go ask Tommy Lasorda.  I asked him once about Simers, and he told me it was just "the stupid game he plays, but he's a good guy."

He's not using cancer.  

I did not attend the two prior events he held, but heard from several people what great events they were.

It's not such a bad idea, but since you guys hate everything about the guy, and half of you complain without even reading the article, it's another expected "beat-down Simers" thread.

No, not butt hurt, not even a bleep on the give a shit meter. He is a satirist and should be read that way, if one chooses to read him that is. And yes, he is using cancer as the catalyst for the faux challenge. Whether in jest or not, it's definitely in bad taste. The fact it's his shtick doesn't excuse his behavior. I get it, these types feel they need to be edgy in order to stay relevant, and after all he is getting the reaction he sought, albeit a small one.

No offense, Dave, but I think more people would be willing to purchase tickets to see Simers interview Arte than any of us.

If the idea is to raise as much money as possible for charity, he's going to go with himself over AW.com.

I think Dave is attempting to get Simers to help set up our next spring training fan-fest. Nice move.

No offense, Dave, but I think more people would be willing to purchase tickets to see Simers interview Arte than any of us.

If the idea is to raise as much money as possible for charity, he's going to go with himself over AW.com.

Is anyone else bewildered that after at least a month of being gone from aw and plenty of interesting discussions going on that this is the one post LTH decides to respond to?

Is anyone else bewildered that after at least a month of being gone from aw and plenty of interesting discussions going on that this is the one post LTH decides to respond to?

understandably, there haven't been many sarah palin threads lately, so it was either respond in this thread or the obamacare horror stories.

I've participated in other threads. I'm just insanely busy with everything in my life. Not a lot of time to engage in discussions on AW.

However, when I read something on which I feel like commenting, I do it, as I did here. I certainly wasn't being critical of Dave or anything; I just think people who dislike Simers extrapolating that to mean that nobody likes Simers and hence anybody would rather attend an interview conducted by AngelsWin.com as opposed to a Los Angeles area newspaper columnist with four decades of experience isn't very realistic.

That's not to say that a good many people wouldn't rather see Dave interview Arte instead of Simers, but if you're talking mass appeal for charity, I'd go with the "celebrity." That's all.

No offense taken because I agree with you. More people would probably turn out and pay more to see him do the interview than if we did the interview. And, I would want to see the most money raised to do the most good.

However, I am willing to bet that Mr. Moreno would be far more likely to attend if AngelsWin.com did the interview than if TJ Simers did it, so, in that case, maybe we would raise more money after all!