• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Simers: Here's hoping Angry Arte can carve out time for a good cause

AngelsWin.com

People in California have cancerous growths removed from their bodies in this sun drenched State rather frequently, including yours truly. This is the first time I've ever heard of someone turning it into a guilt trip to promote a charity event. Maybe this is all news to Simers, but Arte has done plenty for charitable causes in Orange County, so have plenty of more common folks. Continuing to insult the owner and Angels organization, and then suddenly using a charitable cause and illness to throw a guilt trip on them stinks. This guy needs to grow up.

Holy sh*t that was lame.

Hes implying that the challenge has been cast, and that if moreno is really a good guy (not a carpet bagger....as if 1800's reference are still relevant), he would come out to a good cause (cancer). And if he doesnt, hes an asshole.

Im fairly positive that moreno would be willing to do something like that, but not if simmers is the one throwing it. Because the story wouldnt be 'moreno and orhers donate money to good cause', it would be simmers getting to write an article about himself. Why would moreno (or you or I) go out of his way to help a guy write a story, whos been nothing but a prick to him over the last several years, when he could donate his time and money to the same or any other cause that doesnt throw simmers a bone?

Good publicity? Im sure moreno isnt hurting for a good article from simmers.

Man you guys are butt hurt.  

He's a writer.   He's a satirist.   Yes, he's that little kid that runs around the playground and pulls the old "bangkok" joke and runs away.    It's his shtick and he's been doing it for decades.   He's pissed off hundreds (or probably thousands) of people, who still manage to not hate him as much as you all do.    Go ask Tommy Lasorda.  I asked him once about Simers, and he told me it was just "the stupid game he plays, but he's a good guy."

He's not using cancer.  

I did not attend the two prior events he held, but heard from several people what great events they were.

It's not such a bad idea, but since you guys hate everything about the guy, and half of you complain without even reading the article, it's another expected "beat-down Simers" thread.

Man you guys are butt hurt.  

He's a writer.   He's a satirist.   Yes, he's that little kid that runs around the playground and pulls the old "bangkok" joke and runs away.    It's his shtick and he's been doing it for decades.   He's pissed off hundreds (or probably thousands) of people, who still manage to not hate him as much as you all do.    Go ask Tommy Lasorda.  I asked him once about Simers, and he told me it was just "the stupid game he plays, but he's a good guy."

He's not using cancer.  

I did not attend the two prior events he held, but heard from several people what great events they were.

It's not such a bad idea, but since you guys hate everything about the guy, and half of you complain without even reading the article, it's another expected "beat-down Simers" thread.

So it's OK to be a dick as long as it's your shtick and you're consistent about it.  Got it.

I am thinking of throwing the gauntlet back at TJ Simers to see if this is really about doing good for people or about Simers ego. How about this TJ: You can arrange all the details for getting the stage and selling the tickets with all of the money going to charity provided that AngelsWin.com interviews Mr. Moreno and you aren't allowed on the stage.

If it's all about doing good for the community, he will agree. If he won't, then it's all about his ego.