• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weird phobias

mp170.6

When I think about watching the movie Dumbo as a kid, I get really anxious and my whole body gets tense and images of cylindrical shapes enter my mind.

I then try crazy hard to remember if there was any sort of dramatizing event that happened around the time I watched that movie. I'm now starting to think I don't want to know what happened, if anything happened at all.

Speaking of shitting, I have a phobia of taking a dump in public. Actually, I have a phobia about public restrooms in general. I'd rather get to the point of feeling sick and race home to poop instead of use a public shitter. I prefer to not touch anything in a public restroom.

touching things in a hotel - the remote, the bedspread, the floor, and the toilet.

when our group travels sometimes we end up in really dirty cheap places, and it drives me crazy. we're headed to beautiful downtown Lodi this weekend but we'll be in a nicer hotel, so i'm somewhat relieved.

at restaurants, when the cashier or waiter touches the top of your glass/cup before handing it to you, especially at serve yourself places. i'm also not very fond of wait staff who lean over my food or drink to serve someone and stick their tie or shirt on my plate or drink.

at restaurants, when the cashier or waiter touches the top of your glass/cup before handing it to you, especially at serve yourself places. i'm also not very fond of wait staff who lean over my food or drink to serve someone and stick their tie or shirt on my plate or drink.

Close.

When eating out I don't like my silverware to touch the table. Babies hands, others hands, who knows what touching the table then the bus boy wipes it with a damp towel that has been used all night and usually sits in the bin they use to pick up all the dirty dishes.

Food Phobia:

A close relative will not eat canned vegetables - frozen or fresh only.

Water must be from the filtered ice maker thingy even if it's going to be boiled like for cooking ...

She even fills the dog's bowl from it instead of the faucet.

There's more like fear of starving b/c the freezer is so packed, food falls out when the door is opened. Plus every little bit of food left over from a meal is moved to a container and stored in the refrigerator. Then the same re-heated food is moved to even smaller containers as some of it is eaten.

Fear of strangers: Doors and windows locked all the time - even in the heat. Alarm set.

Brandon mentioned snakes.

I have a real problem with rattlesnakes because I never detect them around me.  I tune out the rattling sound like I do with crickets or chirping birds, totally oblivious that I am dangerously close to being bitten.  One time I was camping with friends on bare ground when my buddy spotted a rattlesnake 3 feet away.  I was laying on top of the sleeping bag, wearing shorts, and had no idea. 

Totally agree. I cannot fall asleep in a car unless I am driving it.

wait, what?

Serious. I cannot relax enough in a car driven by someone else, to allow myself to fall asleep.

If I am driving, I am more relaxed, so staying awake becomes the challenge. Doing the head bob thing until I get a cup of coffee

I don't know if it's phobia but I hate clutter. My desktop at work stays clear except what I'm working on immediately and I hate knick knacks and crap on the tables at home.

My wife has some good ones based loosely on her unique germaphobia.. Her feet never touch the bare floor. She changes immediately from her outside shoes to her house slippers and has a separate pair in the bathroom.

When she's entering a public restroom she rolls up her pants legs to make sure they don't touch the floor. Always cracks me up watching her walk out looking like she's been digging clams down on the beach.

If we're out and she hasn't immediately washed her hands she will not eat what she has touched with bare hands. She leaves behind a pile of french fry nubs because she won't eat the part she was holding.

My daughter can swim the length of the pool underwater yet she hates to be more than arm's length from the edge.