• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Capuano off the board

WallyWorld

The team has had basically four bad base runners the last ten years. Vladdy, Aybar, Albert and Torii. Your version of reality doesn't really exist.

while those 4 are the most egregious offenders, I do think the poor baserunning has been pretty team-wide.  It's obvious that Scioscia preaches aggressiveness on the basepaths, and it seems like more often than not it leads to bad outs for the Angels.

They made an offer to Garza, Matt facked that up. They expected Mulder to provide depth behind the guys I mentioned, he got hurt. There are still a bunch of starting pitchers out there without a job, some recently have taken minor league deals, most of which who are available will most likely do the same.

You obviously don't get it, Chuck. Every time a starting pitcher is signed elsewhere, it is because Dipoto screwed up/failed to address needs/etc.

You obviously don't get it, Chuck. Every time a starting pitcher is signed elsewhere, it is because Dipoto screwed up/failed to address needs/etc.

Yeah, these fans think Jerry really has Jedi powers and can play mind tricks on all would be FA targets to take his offer over everyone else's.

If you sign Capuano or Maholm or whomever to a major league deal, even a "team friendly" major league deal, you may have just doubleBlantoned your staff. Sure they need depth but at this point it's better to wait and see who will take a minor league deal or what team may come up with an injury that forces them to go looking for a middle infielder in trade. I know February sucks but I'm waiting until late March at least before I start pitching a bitch about the 7th and 8th starters.

'Double blantoned'. I like it.

Personally, I would have loved to grab capuano. Not because im a fan. Not because I think he is better than out starting 5.

But if theres one thing to take away from last season, its that without weaver (even with CJ having a great year), this team is hurting. If god forbid weaver gets hurt or struggles this year (whixh I have a bad feeling about), this team will again be hurting.

Not sure why there's all this commotion about NOT signing a guy like Capuano.....

Capuano was once a very good pitcher, back when he was with Milwuakee -- but he's several arm injuries later, had major surgery and is really pretty questionable as a rotation guy.

Now he signs with Boston???

I can see him getting hit pretty hard at Fenway.

Capuano, IMO, is an option for an NL team in a pitcher's park -- he pitched OK post-Brewers with the Dodgers and could probably do well in San Diego.

I'm not shedding any tears over the Halos not signing him even at the $2.25 million price.