• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Trout speaks, won't address contract talks

AngelsWin.com

If Trout says it affected him, I believe it. I generally think switching positions can get overblown but I can see how it affects your overall confidence if you're not in a comfortable spot.

Good news is he'll play 150+ games in center this year.

Just ask Trumbo 1st / DH / 3B / Rightfield / Leftfield and Leftout.

Yahoo article comparing Trout to Jeter...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/baseball-s-best-player-has-his-sights-set-on-becoming-an-even-bigger-deal-221903948.html

All I could do was LOL, no Yahoo, Jeter's not even close...

Yeah OK. Don't let your hatred for the Yankees cloud your judgement.

I don't buy it. He posted a 1.040 OPS as a LF in 2012.  His best month at the plate, by far, was July (1.259 OPS).   He played both CF and LF eight times.  He played CF only seven times.  He played LF only ten times.  He didn't go more than two games in one position.  

I think some are over-analyzing. We've all said things we don't mean, and most of us aren't asked the same questions on a daily basis.  I highly doubt he was actually thinking about LF vs CF, on a regular basis, when he was at the plate. It probably happened after the occasional defensive play, but that probably happens to everyone no matter where they are playing... and not very often.  

This is kinda like the discussion on his clutch hitting.  He was good in 2012, not so much in 2013.   That's what happens with small, scattered samples. 

I don't necessarily believe it affected his hitting, but I do believe switching from CF to LF and vice versa had a big effect on his defensive game (and is the reason why he had so many bone headed errors last year, along with his bad dWAR).

Trout was a better hitter in 2013 than 2012, ignoring that first month where he was clearly pressing and trying to hit homers during every at bat due to the sophomore pressure.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

I don't buy it. He posted a 1.040 OPS as a LF in 2012.  His best month at the plate, by far, was July (1.259 OPS).   He played both CF and LF eight times.  He played CF only seven times.  He played LF only ten times.  He didn't go more than two games in one position.  

I think some are over-analyzing. We've all said things we don't mean, and most of us aren't asked the same questions on a daily basis.  I highly doubt he was actually thinking about LF vs CF, on a regular basis, when he was at the plate. It probably happened after the occasional defensive play, but that probably happens to everyone no matter where they are playing... and not very often.  

This is kinda like the discussion on his clutch hitting.  He was good in 2012, not so much in 2013.   That's what happens with small, scattered samples.

So to all the people wondering if I can't read, why aren't you responding to the stats that show it didn't matter where he played?