• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Good Times in Ukraine and Russia

Lhalo

Maldova was the first country to show fear of what happens in Crimea can happen to them. If I was the Baltic states and the "stan" countries I would put something out quickly and together saying they won't put up with that shit

The only part of Moldova that the Russians are interested in is Transnistria which is in a similar situation Crimea was in. It's all Russians with Russian military bases.

Similar to Crimea being in the Ukraine. I doubt the Russians would do anything unless Moldova started a confrontation (which I think is highly improbable.)

My point is you brought up all this Russian bases and Russian ethnics, Russian etc. etc. but the point is it is in a sovereign country not named Russia.

I was listening to Putin talk today. According to him all the Russians that got left behind when the Soviet Union broke up are still part of the "Russian Nation". If I was in charge one of the former Soviet states I would tell all the Russians to declare themselves a citizen of the nation or pack their bags for Russia. Today.

Made a lot of good points that are hard to argue.  I think this is the same speech you're talking about.

http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/6889

On US hypocrisy:

"Like a mirror, the situation in Ukraine reflects what is going on and what has been happening in the world over the past several decades. After the dissolution of bipolarity on the planet, we no longer have stability. Key international institutions are not getting any stronger; on the contrary, in many cases, they are sadly degrading. Our western partners, led by the United States of America, prefer not to be guided by international law in their practical policies, but by the rule of the gun. They have come to believe in their exclusivity and exceptionalism, that they can decide the destinies of the world, that only they can ever be right. They act as they please: here and there, they use force against sovereign states, building coalitions based on the principle “If you are not with us, you are against us.” To make this aggression look legitimate, they force the necessary resolutions from international organisations, and if for some reason this does not work, they simply ignore the UN Security Council and the UN overall."

Made a lot of good points that are hard to argue.  I think this is the same speech you're talking about.

http://eng.kremlin.ru/transcripts/6889

On US hypocrisy:

"Like a mirror, the situation in Ukraine reflects what is going on and what has been happening in the world over the past several decades. After the dissolution of bipolarity on the planet, we no longer have stability. Key international institutions are not getting any stronger; on the contrary, in many cases, they are sadly degrading. Our western partners, led by the United States of America, prefer not to be guided by international law in their practical policies, but by the rule of the gun. They have come to believe in their exclusivity and exceptionalism, that they can decide the destinies of the world, that only they can ever be right. They act as they please: here and there, they use force against sovereign states, building coalitions based on the principle “If you are not with us, you are against us.” To make this aggression look legitimate, they force the necessary resolutions from international organisations, and if for some reason this does not work, they simply ignore the UN Security Council and the UN overall."

It is really hard to take this argument seriously when he has basically just done the same thing.  Its also really hard to take him seriously considering what he has done with Checnya and Dagestan.

There are no good guys here.  His speech is a joke. 

It is really hard to take this argument seriously when he has basically just done the same thing.  Its also really hard to take him seriously considering what he has done with Checnya and Dagestan.

There are no good guys here.  His speech is a joke. 

That's why the start of the quote says: "Like a mirror".