• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

David Ortiz not happy about his critics

fan_since79

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_mlb/clubhouse_insider/2014/02/ortiz_on_critics_every_time_i_talk_about_my_contract_i

Viewed objectively, Ortiz has been underpaid by baseball standards throughout his career. He has banked roughly $107 million since 2007, and in that time has made six All-Star teams and finished as high as fourth in the MVP voting.

He'll make $15 million this year and would like $15 million next year, too. He doesn't find either number unreasonable, even if his critics do.

“I don't even know why they're bitching about me talking about contracts,” Ortiz said. “Guys putting up my numbers, they're making $25, $30 million. I'm not asking for that. I'm asking for half of it. And they're still bitching about it? (Expletive) them. I'm tired of hearing them talk (expletive) about me when I talk about my contract. Hey, every time I talk about my contract, I earn it, (expletive). So don't be giving me that (expletive).”

Im with tank. Im no ortiz fan, but he has been one of the better hitters in baseball over a decade, not to memtion a playoff beast and an icon in boston.

To us, obviouslybwe cant even imagine his money so its tough to sympathize. That said, he has made a bunch of money........but made other people a lot more.

All of us regardless of what we do are worth X to our employer, and X is always going to be only enough where we feel good about it and at the same time makes our boss XX.

For anyone saying hes overpaid and bitching about money, id say remember that when the next 'pay trout now' thread starts.

Hey, how about a little understanding for Big Poopey. You think all those PEDs come free? You think your doctor hands them to you as free samples? Those cost money, especially if you want to pass tests while you're using. He should make ARod money so that he can afford to compete.