• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tempe

poker1

The parking that Mancini refers to cost $5.00.  You can also take the trolley from 5th and Mill for free.  It leaves every 20 minutes starting two hours before the game and up to 30 minutes after the game.  It drops you off 1 block from the stadium.  If your hotel is not close to Mill then there are four parking lots that you can park at for free and then catch the trolley. You must have your game tickets in hand to have your parking validated when you get on the trolley.   

there are two parking lots one small one in between the big stadium and lower fields and a big one beyond the centerfield and rightfield walls.  I agree Aunt Chiladas is a good place for Mexican and owened by Mike Butchers family as is Rustlers Rooste a steakhouse overlooking Phoenix, Riazzi's for Italian, Oreganos for pizza and for steak and baseball stuff everywhere Don and Charlies is Scottsdale but make a reservation before going there

The players are broken into groups of like four players and the groups rotate from field to field.  They have various drills, some of which are like BP.  The field where the outfield abuts the parking lot can yield a few balls that fly into the parking lot.  On the first field you have to stand and watch.  The second field has a small set of bleachers where you can sit and watch. As Patti said above the players are on the fields right after 10:00 AM.  The volunteer ushers should be able to give you a one page player roster which is a necessity with so many players whose numbers you may not know or remember.    

I'm going to my first spring training game on March 4. I heard BP is done at the lower field? Can fans watch BP prior to the game like how it is during the season? If so how early can I arrive to watch BP?

Yes, you can watch groups of players hit in the lower fields, but remember that they will not be the regulars.  The "A" team warms up inside the stadium in the morning before any fans are let in.

This blurb was just at the bottom of Alden Gonzalez' latest article and may be of interest to us that are going to Tempe soon..

"Position players -- including Mike Trout -- report for their physical examinations on Tuesday, and could expect a different camp when they take part in their first workout on Wednesday. Unlike last spring, the Angels won't practice on the main fields of the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex. They'll all be in the backfields, taking a lot more swings than usual and emphasizing situational hitting a lot more than before."

This blurb was just at the bottom of Alden Gonzalez' latest article and may be of interest to us that are going to Tempe soon..

"Position players -- including Mike Trout -- report for their physical examinations on Tuesday, and could expect a different camp when they take part in their first workout on Wednesday. Unlike last spring, the Angels won't practice on the main fields of the Tempe Diablo Stadium complex. They'll all be in the backfields, taking a lot more swings than usual and emphasizing situational hitting a lot more than before."

Don Baylor making changes already? Sweet. Edited by Ordos

I've heard Dos Gringos is a great place to day drink.

Yeah!  Dos!

It's also good for starting your night right.

As far as parking, we've always found parking at our hotel.  An easy walk down the hill, and we're out in left-field!  I'm talking about staying at the Buttes of course!  It's a bit expensive, but well worth it... until we have to walk back up the hill (Tho, they have started sending-down carts to pick us up).

See yuall out in left field starting Tues. 3/4!

Fundamentals FTW!