• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The End of Windows XP: 3 Lessons Learned Over the Past 12 Years

Redondo

The End of Windows XP: 3 Lessons Learned Over the Past 12 Years

I really like XP and have it on my house computer. I know it's an old system but it works just fine for what I do with it.

I use Windows 7 at work and it works great. Everyone at work likes it.

No one I know likes Windows 8.

What is a person to do if they want a new computer and want to run 7? Pay extra money to load it?

My boss got a Nokia phone with 8 on it almost 2 years ago. He thought he would be in on the new thing. Now he asks me about my Galaxy SIII all the time and I'm sure he will go for the S4 when it's time to upgrade.

Any comment?

I think when you buy a computer with Windows 8 it comes with the option to downgrade to Windows 7.

I bought a new comp with Windows 8. Can't downgrade 7. Instead I had to find third party software that creates a Windows 7 skin. But now when I open a pic, it takes me away from the desktop to some stupid app to view the file. I hate it. Windows 8 blows.

I thought I read somewhere that Windows 8 users can upgrade for free to 8.1 and there is an option to get it back to Windows 7-type interface. I could be wrong, but I think I did read that somewhere. I need to find out as I just purchased a new PC and it has Windows 8. I haven't heard from one person that they like it.

I upgraded to 8.1 and screwed up my laptop even more. They said it was more stable, but it did the opposite. One problem is that it disabled my touchpad. I had to plug in a mouse to go and reinstall the drivers. Also had some compatibility problems with the graphics card. But it does NOT give you a Windows 7 interface. All it does is load the desktop first instead of the stupid tile/app screen. But there is still no start button on the bottom left. I've had to download third party software to get it "close" to windows 7. Nothing from Windows itself. It's almost like Windows is trying to force customers to accepting the stupid tile/app screen to access programs.

I upgraded to 8.1 and screwed up my laptop even more. They said it was more stable, but it did the opposite. One problem is that it disabled my touchpad. I had to plug in a mouse to go and reinstall the drivers. Also had some compatibility problems with the graphics card. But it does NOT give you a Windows 7 interface. All it does is load the desktop first instead of the stupid tile/app screen. But there is still no start button on the bottom left. I've had to download third party software to get it "close" to windows 7. Nothing from Windows itself. It's almost like Windows is trying to force customers to accepting the stupid tile/app screen to access programs.

I found a free program called Classic Shell that has received good reivews. I think I'm going to try it out. Here an article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026719/review-classic-shell-brings-the-start-menu-to-windows-8-for-free.html

I found a free program called Classic Shell that has received good reivews. I think I'm going to try it out. Here an article:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2026719/review-classic-shell-brings-the-start-menu-to-windows-8-for-free.html

Totally worth it. I always recommend it to anyone who complains about Windows 8. It's way easier than downgrading to Windows 7.