• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Iannetta's eyes in the best shape of their lives...

Inside Pitch

Chris Iannetta has checked into camp. A big reason for his solid last two months in 2013: He got contacts. Didn't think he needed them b4.

#Angels C Chris Iannetta said he got contacts last July. It happened to coincide with his offensive turnaround. Helped catching too.

____

Further proof baseball players are dopey.   How the hell does a MLB player go without checking his eyes?

Sometimes you don't realize your vision is even that bad until you get an accurate prescription.  I've gone a couple years without updating my glasses before, and you can definitely feel like a moron.  "Wow, I could have been seeing this well the whole time!" *Drools on self, mouth agape*

But I agree, as a professional athlete you'd think it would be some kind of requirement.

Chris Iannetta has checked into camp. A big reason for his solid last two months in 2013: He got contacts. Didn't think he needed them b4.

#Angels C Chris Iannetta said he got contacts last July. It happened to coincide with his offensive turnaround. Helped catching too.

____

Further proof baseball players are dopey.   How the hell does a MLB player go without checking his eyes?

"I always just thought the world was blurry!"

Ianetta has been perhaps the most under-appreciated Angel the last two years, over which time he has compiled a .348 OBP and 108 OPS+. 

couldn't disagree more.  His ability to draw walks is his only saving grace.  I think he's abysmal at defense and working with the staff.  Seems like 5 times a game he has some sort of cross-up or miscommunication with the pitcher.  Lots of passed balls, bad framing, etc.  Obviously the bulk of the blame for the team's pitching problems should be placed on the pitchers themselves, but I don't think Iannetta is helping one bit.

Edited by WallyWorld

And I thought he had a good eye at the plate before. If he can run into a couple more and hit some over the fence, at least improve his defense behind the plate, and stay healthy, we have a very solid catching duo. I'd really like to have Iannetta hit 9th in the lineup with Calhoun and Trout due up, but I don't hold onto the lineup card unfortunately.