• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kansas is bringing back segregation!

nate

The basis which is being used to deny service is strongly held religious beliefs, which is a giant cop out. It just happens to be the one that seems to give you some moral high ground. 

So write letters, hit social media and tell everyone in the world how much you disagree with the business owner and encourage them to seek service elsewhere. 

The basis which is being used to deny service is strongly held religious beliefs, which is a giant cop out. It just happens to be the one that seems to give you some moral high ground. 

You aren't getting my point at all.  If owners want to exclude Christians, bald people, fat people, angry people, purple people or gay people I think they should be able to.  The market will dictate their success or failure.

I understand Christian wedding vendors not wanting to work same-sex weddings if they have convictions about that. 

I don't understand a restaurant, dry cleaner, or construction company refusing service to homosexuals. 

Ya, I gotta go with this Adam.  You have the right to decide then because you know beforehand.  if you just make a blanket law to toss out there than I have a problem with it. 

You aren't getting my point at all.  If owners want to exclude Christians, bald people, fat people, angry people, purple people or gay people I think they should be able to.  The market will dictate their success or failure.

No, you aren't getting my point. I don't care who they exclude but the bill says:

It reads, in part: "No individual or religious entity shall be required by any governmental entity to do any of the following, if it would be contrary to the sincerely held religious beliefs of the individual or religious entity regarding sex or gender:

so they're trying to justify this with their strong Christian beliefs. If this is the way they learned to act from reading the Bible they must have a different version than I do. Why can't they just come out and say they don't like gays? Why hide behind religion?

No, you aren't getting my point. I don't care who they exclude but the bill says:

so they're trying to justify this with their strong Christian beliefs. If this is the way they learned to act from reading the Bible they must have a different version than I do. Why can't they just come out and say they don't like gays? Why hide behind religion?

I'm guessing because the Bill of Rights dictates freedom of religion.  However, I would much rather not have any law whatsoever about it to be honest.

Except that refusing service to blacks probably didn't put too many stores out of business when segregation was legal.

This goes to my argument though which is proof.  Those days it was pretty easy for them to spot who was black. Last golf trip I gave a couple guys a hug I hadn't seen in years at the airport as we went to separate flights.  What if they wouldn't let me on the plane and I was stuck in south Carolina, I was not impressed with Myrtle Beach.  This year we are going to Orlando, what happens if they see me wearing mickey mouse ears?

I'm guessing because the Bill of Rights dictates freedom of religion.  However, I would much rather not have any law whatsoever about it to be honest.

I'll admit that I haven't read the Bible from cover to cover but I must be missing the part where refusing to sell Rosie O'Donnell a cheeseburger gets you a space in Heaven. 

I'll admit that I haven't read the Bible from cover to cover but I must be missing the part where refusing to sell Rosie O'Donnell a cheeseburger gets you a space in Heaven. 

It's probably somewhere in Revelation. That book has all kinds of crazy demons in it.

Right after it says "love thy neighbor..."  "unless they do something that makes you uncomfortable or they have beliefs that are at odds with your own"

I think you are being really silly here.  If there are Christians out there who won't serve people because they are sinners then they aren't very bright Christians.  Now, if you can't see why a Christian who makes wedding cakes would not want to make one for a gay wedding, I'm sorry.  My question right back would be why would a gay couple want somebody who isn't in support of their marriage making a cake for it?

I have no problem at all with people owning a business deciding who they want to serve.  I just scratch my head when people in govt. coming up with these ideas are the same who say keep the govt. out of our lives.  This isn't a bible thing to me but more of make up your freaking mind already. 

My question right back would be why would a gay couple want somebody who isn't in support of their marriage making a cake for it?

How would they know who supports it or not? The only way to know is to try to have a cake made and then get denied service. It's not like a situation where a man goes to a feminist rally asking for a blowjob. He knows damn well he isn't getting one. It's kind of an unfair situation to be in. I agree with those who say that businesses should be allowed to choose whom they want to serve, simply because that is their freedom of choice (and in many cases, religion). However there should not be a law that protects them from any legal ramifications of those choices.

So is the plan to trick them on the menu and offer an extra large kielbasa with a portabella mushroom cap and two meat balls with a demi-glace sauce so you can discover them.  We need to just shit can every politician at this point anymore.  

You would discover a lot of people on an Atkins diet.

How would they know who supports it or not? The only way to know is to try to have a cake made and then get denied service. It's not like a situation where a man goes to a feminist rally asking for a blowjob. He knows damn well he isn't getting one. It's kind of an unfair situation to be in. I agree with those who say that businesses should be allowed to choose whom they want to serve, simply because that is their freedom of choice (and in many cases, religion). However there should not be a law that protects them from any legal ramifications of those choices.

Well chances are you wouldn't at first of course.  But there are at least two cases right now of lawsuits on Christians who don't want to make wedding cakes for gay weddings.

Evidently the guy backing this bill has no idea what words mean:

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2014/02/13/meet-charles-macheers-the-man-behind-the-pro-discrimination-bill-in-kansas

"Discrimination is horrible. It's hurtful ... It has no place in civilized society, and that's precisely why we're moving this bill. There have been times throughout history where people have been persecuted for their religious beliefs because they were unpopular. This bill provides a shield of protection for that."

Evidently the guy backing this bill has no idea what words mean:

http://www.pitch.com/FastPitch/archives/2014/02/13/meet-charles-macheers-the-man-behind-the-pro-discrimination-bill-in-kansas

"Discrimination is horrible. It's hurtful ... It has no place in civilized society, and that's precisely why we're moving this bill. There have been times throughout history where people have been persecuted for their religious beliefs because they were unpopular. This bill provides a shield of protection for that."

This is a perfect example of "everyone is a victim."  Gays that don't get served are victims.  Business owners that are required to serve are victims.