• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Trout to discuss Multi year deal?

Great news. The Angels definitely have enough to extend him and be under the luxury(which is what i think their goal has been).

I say give him 10 years if he's willing to accept.

Only if the contract is signed after Opening Day. If not, the AAV will easily surpass the, what, $15M? between current payroll and the luxury tax.

The Angels failed to reach .500 in Trout's first full season.

In fact, Trout's first full season was the first ear since 2003 the team failed to win 80 games.

Seriously though. Offer him a massive 15-20 year deal. Lock him up to a historic contract.

False stat. The Angels were 89-73 in Trouts first official full year in the majors.

Once the season starts, The contract will not go against the tax until the 2015 season.

I thought all the calculations were done in December, unless teams get a break on extensions signed during the season.

Either way, they can pay the tax for a year and avoid being a repeater in 2015 when the Wells/Blanton turd sandwich is off the books.

I thought all the calculations were done in December, unless teams get a break on extensions signed during the season.

Either way, they can pay the tax for a year and avoid being a repeater in 2015 when the Wells/Blanton turd sandwich is off the books.

The calculations are done sometime after the WS.  But with Trouts contract, if he signed it after opening day, it wouldn't take effect till 2015.  Thus wouldn't count againt the CBT for 2014.  

But Angels are already at a conservative $147 million in CBT for 2015, $133 million for 2016.  Even with Wells and Blanton coming off the books and not including the huge CBT hit that Trout will have.  

Edited by gotbeer

Although this was a joke post, the more I think about it, the more it would be a great deal for Trout. Who wouldn't want $2.5M guaranteed per year for the rest of their life? And then after he dies, the money could be given to his next of kin. 

It's genious!

Only problem:  would the Angels be around for 100 years?

Using the 40/60/80 arb years formula and putting his value at 25 million for three and 30 million for three and paying this year and signing bonus totaling 5 million yields a contract of 215 million for ten years.  Salaries are increasing dramatically due to the TV money so this could be a great deal for both sides if Mike stays healthy.  I am not sure why the Angels would go much beyond this in 2014 when the numbers will not change much in 2015 even if he has another unbelievable year. 

Give 10 year deal with opt out after 8.

Total for the Deal:  230,000 million

Year 1:  15 million

Year 2:  25 million

Year 3:  25 million

Year 4:  25 million

Year 5:  30 Million

Year 6:  30 Million

Year 7:  30 Million

Year 8:  30 Million

Year 9:  10 Million

Year 10:;10 Million

AAV is only 23 million.  A bargain!  He will probably opt out after 8 years for another run at FA.  However, by that time, we would have had his best years.

Total for the Deal: 230,000 million

Year 1: 15 million

Year 2: 25 million

Year 3: 25 million

Year 4: 25 million

Year 5: 30 Million

Year 6: 30 Million

Year 7: 30 Million

Year 8: 30 Million

Year 9: 10 Million

AAV is only 23 million. A bargain! He will probably opt out after 8 years for another run at FA. However, by that time, we would have had his best years.

Might as well add another 5 years at 1 million per year to get that AAV down

Total for the Deal:  230,000 million

Year 1:  15 million

Year 2:  25 million

Year 3:  25 million

Year 4:  25 million

Year 5:  30 Million

Year 6:  30 Million

Year 7:  30 Million

Year 8:  30 Million

Year 9:  10 Million

AAV is only 23 million.  A bargain!  He will probably opt out after 8 years for another run at FA.  However, by that time, we would have had his best years.

I don't think Opt out year are counted towards the AAV.  

When was Mike Trout first PA in 2012?

When did the season start?

I literally cannot process in my head why this even matters. He played in the vast majority of the games, and had the 2nd most plate appearances on the team. You're either trolling or arguing for no point whatsoever.

We have already touted him as the best player in MLB so what if Mike Trout puts on his business shoes and asks for a contract that is out of reach? This could really happen and it could get divisive. If I'm Mike Trout I'm going to ask for the greatest contract in the history of MLB.

Edited by Hamiltown