• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Trout to discuss Multi year deal?

I'd say almost any contract in this situation is a good one.

I didn't say or imply that any contract that Trout would sign with the Angels at this point would be bad, but if he only wants to sign a "short term" deal (6 or 7 years....buying out only 2-3 years of free agency), there wouldn't be as much reason to celebrate as there would be if he signed a 10 year deal. 

100 years, $2.5M per year.

Although this was a joke post, the more I think about it, the more it would be a great deal for Trout. Who wouldn't want $2.5M guaranteed per year for the rest of their life? And then after he dies, the money could be given to his next of kin. 

It's genious!

They say the team is bigger than any one individual and in baseball especially, that's always been true. But Mike Trout breaks every mold ever conceived and quite frankly is the best reason to watch the Angels. Without him, at best they are a .500 team....AT BEST.

Another Mike Trout may not come along for another 50+ years and the chances of him being an Angels are somewhere around 2%. You pay Mike Trout what he asks for and you don't bother making a counter offer.

I don't care if we sign him for 6/180 and it only buys out 2 years of free agency and he still hits the market at age 28. It doesn't matter, that's how singularly Important this player is. I don't care if he asks for 20/600, you do it.

They say the team is bigger than any one individual and in baseball especially, that's always been true. But Mike Trout breaks every mold ever conceived and quite frankly is the best reason to watch the Angels. Without him, at best they are a .500 team....AT BEST.

Another Mike Trout may not come along for another 50+ years and the chances of him being an Angels are somewhere around 2%. You pay Mike Trout what he asks for and you don't bother making a counter offer.

I don't care if we sign him for 6/180 and it only buys out 2 years of free agency and he still hits the market at age 28. It doesn't matter, that's how singularly Important this player is. I don't care if he asks for 20/600, you do it.

totally and completely disagree with this.

Is he a great player...absolutely he is.  Does he have the chance to be one of the greatest of all-time...absolutely.  But, not coming along for another 50+ years, that seems a tad like hyperbole.  Same thing was said about Albert Pujols as well and as you can see, the whole is and should be greater than the sum of the parts.

You can justify it how ever you like, but the Angels management must be rationale when it comes to this.  I certainly think they need to re-sign him as a priority, but not as you put it "it doesnt matter".

It does matter.  It always has and always will.