• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeter retires?

mp170.6

In before people (cali) complain about the yankees

Nice to know that I've made enough of an impact on you that I pop in your mind when the Stankees come up...wait, no, actually that's kinda creepy.

I don't like the Stankees and their favoritism, but I'm sure Jeter is a great guy and I actually have a lot of respect for him. However IMO, just like Mariano, if it wasn't for the Yankee advantage that's been on his side his entire career I don't think his numbers would be nearly as impressive.

I hope that instead of a ceremonial first pitch, they have him do a Ceremonial First Jump Throw.

Pretty impressive how long he's managed to stick around after the retirement of his shortstop defense though.

In all seriousness though, he has been an MLB icon for so many years now and man is it going to be weird seeing someone else starting at shortstop for the Yankees in 2015.

Nice to know that I've made enough of an impact on you that I pop in your mind when the Stankees come up...wait, no, actually that's kinda creepy.

I don't like the Stankees and their favoritism, but I'm sure Jeter is a great guy and I actually have a lot of respect for him. However IMO, just like Mariano, if it wasn't for the Yankee advantage that's been on his side his entire career I don't think his numbers would be nearly as impressive.

yankee advantage? sounds like sour grapes to me. you either get the hits or not; nobody gave him those 3000+ hits. 

although, if you're talking about gold gloves, then you've got a different story. those are just popularity prizes regardless of which team you play for.

Farewell tour time.

Going to be tough to out class Mariano Rivera's but some how, why do I think Jeetz will be able to do that?

Class Act that Jeetz -- regardless of what you may think of the Yankees.

And what do I think of the Yankees?  Well, I like 'em better than the BoSox and I like Yankee fans much better than BoSox fans.

Speaking of which -- Jeetz's final tour and Ellsbury showing up at Fenway in pinstripes -- going to be an interesting year -- oh yeah, then there's a pitcher named Tanaka which means they're going to have to expand the press box to accommodate all the Japanese media.......did Ichiro re-sign with the Yankees?  If so, could be his final year as well. Going to be more of a media circus than ever at Yankees games this year........home and away.

Just checked. Ichiro is signed through 2014 with the Yankees -- so this could be his final year as well........Jeetz, Tanaka, Ichiro -- what a media swarm every Yankees game will be!!

As for Ichiro, he is 258 hits away from 3,000 hits in MLB. He has 2,742 MLB hits as well as 1,278 hits in the Japanese major league for a total of 4,020 total hits in his career.

Would really like to see Ichiro get those 258 hits to reach 3,000 but that may be tough in New York as his playing time may be limited......could take him three seasons to make it if he's seeing pretty limited playing time and not sure if he's got three years left in him........hard to say.

what a combo for the Yankees this season -- a lot of sold out stadiums ahead.

Cue statue in Anaheim and Tempe. Atop the mountain there in left field by the Buttes.

Paul Bunyan size statue of Jeter atop the rocks!

Arte will cry at the feet of the statue, every day.

Edit: anyone think the Yankees pressured him to announce this now? It'd be a great way to recreate the Mariano farewell tour 2013.

Edited by Kenny

Just checked. Ichiro is signed through 2014 with the Yankees -- so this could be his final year as well........Jeetz, Tanaka, Ichiro -- what a media swarm every Yankees game will be!!

As for Ichiro, he is 258 hits away from 3,000 hits in MLB. He has 2,742 MLB hits as well as 1,278 hits in the Japanese major league for a total of 4,020 total hits in his career.

Would really like to see Ichiro get those 258 hits to reach 3,000 but that may be tough in New York as his playing time may be limited......could take him three seasons to make it if he's seeing pretty limited playing time and not sure if he's got three years left in him........hard to say.

what a combo for the Yankees this season -- a lot of sold out stadiums ahead.

I have a feeling Ichiro is going to get traded.  Probably to a team that can give him a full time gig.  I think he'll retire after next season after he gets to 3k.  If he can that is.  

anytime sugar

I'm curious to how many games he will actually play. Does the club now play him even if he's a liability in the lineup? He's coming off a very frustrating year which could have given Jeter a reality check to hang it up this season. But when the Yanks come into town and Jeter is projected to be in the lineup, I'll probably go. He's an icon of my childhood and want to witness a true great on the field for the last time. He's pretty much the last superstar of my childhood still playing.

The Yanks were looking for a distraction about the ARod debacle and now they have one. A reporter will look like an idiot bringing up ARod in the locker room and ARod himself will step aside to give Jeter the limelight.