• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

True Detective

I would love to see someone like Edward Norton do this for HBO. I agree with Chimi, they could get some serious A-list talent for each season. This season, from episode 1-8 was solid through out. MM and WH were amazing and I expect both to be nominated for several awards. Breaking Bad and Bryan Cranston have some serious competition.

I as well got major anxiety running through the maze and the scenes with the wife/half-sister were extremely disturbing. 

This show took 6 months to film. You figure they'll need as much time or maybe even a little bit longer for season 2 because they will be using multiple directors instead of just one, we should be getting news on the second season within the next 3-6 weeks. 

so i take it no one sailed off into the teeth of a hurricane, then mysteriously showed up in an oregon lumber mill last night.

No, but Harrelson did wake up in a cold sweat and realized that it was all a nightmare.  Woody then went in to work at his job at Cheers. 

Just finished it. Watched the first two episodes about a week ago then tried to marathon it and watch the finale live, but didn't make it.

I feel like I need to watch it all over again as I missed a lot, or if I can read online. I don't remember the killer early on nor the toys in a circle as TF posted.

Show kind of dragged, but the performances were so solid. Not sure how the next cast can follow up Matt and Woody.

Just finished it. Watched the first two episodes about a week ago then tried to marathon it and watch the finale live, but didn't make it.

I feel like I need to watch it all over again as I missed a lot, or if I can read online. I don't remember the killer early on nor the toys in a circle as TF posted.

Show kind of dragged, but the performances were so solid. Not sure how the next cast can follow up Matt and Woody.

You don't remember the scene where MM was talking to him at the school?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi_xy9sTjSU

I love how the entire time pretty much MM doesn't make eye contact with the guy and it bites him in the butt so many years later. Little details maaaaaan...

I'm still pissed that there was no explaination on the oldest daughter and what was up with her barbie rape circle and all her ****ed up drawings

Weren't the kids Twins? I think the drawings from the the girl that turned out to be all gothic later on.

As for the rape scene, I was just reading an article a couple days ago about that. In the article, they were explaining they felt there wasn't anything to the rape scene other than the fact the girl reached a level of sexual awareness at a young age and that's how she was acting upon it. It might have been some sort of fetish of hers (even at that young age) because remember, she later on had a threesome with two boys in a pickup truck.

Weren't the kids Twins? I think the drawings from the the girl that turned out to be all gothic later on.

As for the rape scene, I was just reading an article a couple days ago about that. In the article, they were explaining they felt there wasn't anything to the rape scene other than the fact the girl reached a level of sexual awareness at a young age and that's how she was acting upon it. It might have been some sort of fetish of hers (even at that young age) because remember, she later on had a threesome with two boys in a pickup truck.

If that's true then that pisses me off. The writers shouldn't put in such a red flag if they aren't going to connect it.

"let's see, we'll have girls getting murdered and going missing. Also girls will be raped by the cult and this theme of guys surrounding little girls will be out in the open. Then we'll have one of the main characters daughter make a rape scene with her barbie dolls and let it have NOTHING to do with all the other girl/rape/murder connections."

You don't remember the scene where MM was talking to him at the school?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi_xy9sTjSU

I love how the entire time pretty much MM doesn't make eye contact with the guy and it bites him in the butt so many years later. Little details maaaaaan...

I don't know what it was about that scene, but as soon as I saw him I suspected he was the killer. Maybe I've watched too many serial killer mystery dramas.

If that's true then that pisses me off. The writers shouldn't put in such a red flag if they aren't going to connect it.

"let's see, we'll have girls getting murdered and going missing. Also girls will be raped by the cult and this theme of guys surrounding little girls will be out in the open. Then we'll have one of the main characters daughter make a rape scene with her barbie dolls and let it have NOTHING to do with all the other girl/rape/murder connections."

My own personal theory was that the case was affecting Marty so much that it was starting to spill over into his personal and family life. To the point where his kids were also being affected and the drawings and dolls were just showing that. Maybe they saw those images in files of the case he brought home or maybe they heard him describing it to someone. Or maybe it was its imagery for how deeply seeded this case was in Marty's psyche.

Or maybe it was its imagery for how deeply seeded this case was in Marty's psyche.

I would have loved to see something like this in the show. In order for it to work though in this scene, he would have walked in, saw the dolls in some sort of a rape circle, yell at the kids to go to dinner, and then when he leaves the room he looks at the dolls one last time and they are all just kind of at random on the floor.

It would have been great though to see Marty get kind of psychologically messed up and start seeing things because of the case.

Thanks TF, I remembered that scene as I was watching it again. I even rewatched the first episode because I read somewhere that all the clues or the whole show is encompassed in the first episode....I thought maybe he was in that episode.

The show focuses on so many smaller situations that don't ever amount to much......Rust doing drugs, the daughters sex drawings, even the whole marriage problem. I just glossed over that meeting.

It all adds up in the end or has purpose, but seems so inconsequential then. I probably would have preferred to watch on a weekly basis instead of cramming the episodes and missing certain things. Easier to digest things and dissect it.

Another thing, and thanks for posting it, is I watched via On Demand and after every episode they showed that Inside True Detective recap. After seeing those I mostly focused on the main characters as in either one of those or an interview online, the writer says that he isn't insterested in writing "who done its" and it's not about who the killer is, but everythig leading up to it.....although, in the middle they start leading you to think it is Rust and becomes something you drift to. They don't have the final episode On Demand and I DVR'd the episode, so there was no recap.

They sure made it uncomfortable watching when he was with his wife.  I almost threw up.

Didn't they say sister, or at least half sister? Ugh.

Solid ending to an enjoyable show. I'm trying to remember, did Rust see the clouds/stars illusion before he was stabbed, or after? I'm thinking before, which I thought was odd. I guess with his hallucinations, he could almost see Carcosa himself.

He saw it before he was stabbed.

CAUTION...T.V. NERD TALK AHEAD:

I was talking to my dad about the show and told him it would have been rad instead of ending the show with the hospital scene, if they would have had all three characters die and then after having something like a flash back to 15 minutes before with MM and WH pretty much having their conversation they had in the hospital or something epic like that. Something like this entire case has been the ultimate "original battle" of good vs. evil and how he thinks good is going to triumph in the end (which would mean it doesn't if all 3 die).

Don't pick that apart people, it was just an opinion about how the episode could have ended.