• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

True Detective

`

Best show on television, hands down. McConaughey is the best actor in the game right now. What a major career turnaround for him. It'll be interesting to see how this will be because its a anthology series, so next season will be new actors, new story lines, new plot settings, etc…I have faith in HBO though. 

Last nights episode was amazing. That is back to back great episodes. My only issue with this type of show is I like character driven shows and this will have a different set of characters every season. I understand that at least there will be no cliff hangers at the end of the season, but it also means after you get attached to one set of characters you won't get them back.

For those interested in this show and willing to spend the time, check out the book The King In Yellow by Robert W Chambers. You need to read this book to begin to understand the machinations going on here. I found out about about this book this morning and 27 pages into it, I now understand a scene from last night's episode in a way I never would have otherwise, as well as getting a few more references throughout the series. I plan on going back through the series again after finishing the book to see what I missed the first go around.

The book is free on Kindle right now, so I would jump on it before Amazon figures out the trend of people getting it and starts charging a buck or two, or more, for it as hard copies are quickly getting scooped up.

For those interested in this show and willing to spend the time, check out the book The King In Yellow by Robert W Chambers. You need to read this book to begin to understand the machinations going on here. I found out about about this book this morning and 27 pages into it, I now understand a scene from last night's episode in a way I never would have otherwise, as well as getting a few more references throughout the series. I plan on going back through the series again after finishing the book to see what I missed the first go around.

The book is free on Kindle right now, so I would jump on it before Amazon figures out the trend of people getting it and starts charging a buck or two, or more, for it as hard copies are quickly getting scooped up.

Kindle is now listing it at $2.99.  Was there a promotion code?

Started watching this the other night and just finished episode 3.

I am a lifelong Matthew McConaughey hater but his character is one of my favorite characters I've ever seen on a show. I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Have you seen Dallas Buyer's Club?  You won't even recognize him.

watched first episode last night.

was good. 

had a pretty clear "se7en" vibe to it.

a little slow, but definitely enjoyable and im excited for the second episode.

mccanaughey is just nails in the interrogation scenes. really top notch.

woody reminds me of his character in no country for old men.

i hope it stays dark (and gets darker) and doesnt get campy.

Edited by mrwicked

watched first episode last night.

was good. 

had a pretty clear "se7en" vibe to it.

a little slow, but definitely enjoyable and im excited for the second episode.

mccanaughey is just nails in the interrogation scenes. really top notch.

woody reminds me of his character in no country for old men.

i hope it stays dark (and gets darker) and doesnt get campy.

It stays dark