• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Isn't it time to retire Tim Salmon's number?

T.G.

When I saw the topic heading at first, all I saw was the portion that said "Isn't it time to retire" and I was hoping the rest was going to say "the Rally Monkey?". In that case, I would have been the first one to say yes. As far as Salmon goes, I love the guy, but only players with plaques in Cooperstown, Canton, Springfield or Toronto deserve to have their jersey numbers retired.

When I saw the topic heading at first, all I saw was the portion that said "Isn't it time to retire" and I was hoping the rest was going to say "the Rally Monkey?". In that case, I would have been the first one to say yes. As far as Salmon goes, I love the guy, but only players with plaques in Cooperstown, Canton, Springfield or Toronto deserve to have their jersey numbers retired.

Isn't it time to retire...

..."Buttercup"?

Have to agree. Salmon was absolutely critical during the 02 run. But if I remember correctly, the most clutch hit came from Spiezio. IMHO I would think the minimum requirement to have a number retired should begin with a HOF induction.

I don't think this organization cares about its great players. I guess it explains why no HOFer ever wanted to retire as an Angel.

Salmon, Anderson, Percival, and Erstad should all have their numbers retired.