• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My daughter Trinity singing 'Firework' by Katy Perry

This was her first time singing in front of people other than family, as there was about 100 people in attendance and 60 contestants overall in today's Sno Valley Idol Jr. audition. Trinity has sung several songs on point over the years, but this one was a challenge for her so she wanted to give it a go. Not bad for her first time, and very first time singing with a microphone which is definitely different than in the shower or around the house. 

So proud of her whether she moves on or not. Trinity told me afterward that she learned a lot from the other contestants and the judges and cannot wait to do it again. 

http://youtu.be/Ejp6bx8jKE4

She has more guts than Chuck, getting in front of all those people and singing.  Last time Chuck was in front of an audience like that, he cheated and swept the leg.  

You could tell she was getting more and more comfortable as the song continued.  

And I can see Chuck paying for singing lessons soon to get her to the next level.

Oh, and Summer Fanfest, national anthem.  Get on it Chuck.

Ha. She can belt out the National Anthem, good call Mark.

Singing lessons with one or both of those lady judges are on deck.

I wish I had my daughter's talent and guts.

So proud of her. She just started singing Firework recently. I wanted her to sing 3-4 other songs that she does a lot better, but like her dad, she's stubborn.

Congrats to your daughter Chuck! Not many kids want to perform in front of strangers. Iff anything it will help her with public speaking. Maybe the first Angels female broadcaster?

Yeah, I think she's got a future in Broadway. She's not afraid of being on stage, singing and acting. Trinity has always done it in front of family during the holidays. Planned short plays with some singing involved.

Hey Chuck,

Trinity did a nice job with the song, especially since it is new to her. I work in theater and teach acting to kids from 7th grade to 12th grade and adults. I think the most important part of the whole video was the way she stood there after her song and listened to the critiques and suggestions. I have been on both sides of the table and it is way harder and more vulnerable to stand there and listen than it is to perform. It also takes a good deal of maturity.

I think one thing she should work on is breath support. She basically needs to learn how to breathe all over. Have her lay on her back and practice taking big breaths. she will notice her belly will be moving, not her shoulders. She will be making her diaphram work and that will support the voice. Once that is supported, her range will increase (including the head voice they talked about)

Also, she should start to think about the words, what the story of the song is and create a character to sing it. No crzy voices or anything, just a good command of what the stroy is and the emotions the song is trying to evoke. I know the Musical Theater teacher where I work won't let them sing the songs until they do them as monologues and speak them. The depth of character and understanding of what is being said and why it is being said adds to the overal experience for the audience. Like when the blonde judge talked about Trinity standing still and strong.

I am not sure where you live in the seattle area, but this is a youth theater a friend of mine worked at and took classes  http://www.youththeatre.org/ IF she is really interested in theater, musicals and perfroming, this might be a good place to start.

let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. I just remembered I am supposed to mail you sometihing. I totally forgot during the holidays.

Hey Chuck,

Trinity did a nice job with the song, especially since it is new to her. I work in theater and teach acting to kids from 7th grade to 12th grade and adults. I think the most important part of the whole video was the way she stood there after her song and listened to the critiques and suggestions. I have been on both sides of the table and it is way harder and more vulnerable to stand there and listen than it is to perform. It also takes a good deal of maturity.

I think one thing she should work on is breath support. She basically needs to learn how to breathe all over. Have her lay on her back and practice taking big breaths. she will notice her belly will be moving, not her shoulders. She will be making her diaphram work and that will support the voice. Once that is supported, her range will increase (including the head voice they talked about)

Also, she should start to think about the words, what the story of the song is and create a character to sing it. No crzy voices or anything, just a good command of what the stroy is and the emotions the song is trying to evoke. I know the Musical Theater teacher where I work won't let them sing the songs until they do them as monologues and speak them. The depth of character and understanding of what is being said and why it is being said adds to the overal experience for the audience. Like when the blonde judge talked about Trinity standing still and strong.

I am not sure where you live in the seattle area, but this is a youth theater a friend of mine worked at and took classes  http://www.youththeatre.org/ IF she is really interested in theater, musicals and perfroming, this might be a good place to start.

let me know if you have any questions.

P.S. I just remembered I am supposed to mail you sometihing. I totally forgot during the holidays.

Thanks Sully! I'll have Trinity read this and we'll check out that theater. She's getting lessons in three weeks and they're going to do breathing exercises with her.