• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reports: Dodgers appear to have a deal with Paul Maholm

fan_since79

My guess is Maholm knows his place. Signing a minor league deal to stay in the NL is better than signing a major league deal to stay in the AL. If I'm Maholm, and I had offers from both the Angels and Dodgers for the same minor league deal, I would have chose the Dodgers as well. Pitchers park, remain in NL, chance to show he is worth a major league deal by this time next season.

Coming to the AL could blow up in his face. Derek Lowe is a pretty good example of 'buying' extra years on his career by switching leagues.

Thought we would sign Maholm or Capuano...looks like Blanton and Mulder really may be the first line of defense if anybody is ineffective or goes down...Wow, really strange roster building by JD...

If both Blanton and Mulder are on the opening day roster it's going to be a long season. Or either for that matter.

Nothing about Maholm is a bargain, why do people think he is any good?

He had a higher ERA in Atlanta than Tommy Hanson and we see how that worked. He is a left handed Blanton.

According to AngelsWin lately, every pitcher who has an ERA over 4 is a lock to turn into Blanton or Hanson.

Makes sense.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you on this. I didn't want Maholm on a major league deal.

But I have read many comments about this pitcher and that pitcher turning into Blanton or Hanson.

I think it's unfair to assume any pitcher who has an ERA over 4 is necessarily going to suck when they come to the Angels.

If both Blanton and Mulder are on the opening day roster it's going to be a long season. Or either for that matter.

Reports are that Mulder looks like his old self once again. If we could get anything close to the Mark Mulder of 2001-05, I would be very happy.

In Scioscia-speak, "the ball's coming out of his hand very well."