• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rangers in talks with Tommy Hanson

HBMike

Some team is going to get smart and make him a reliever. He'd be able to pump 94+ in one inning spurts and his complete inability to control a running game really wouldn't matter terribly.

Ya, I don't know if he's got anything still in him as a starter, but I'm definitely intrigued by him out of the pen

I'm currently writing a blog about which remaining starters the Angels could sign.

Hanson is actually near the top of my list, given he signs a minor league deal, not a guaranteed contract.

The decline in velocity, the arm issues and obviously the results are issues but he's still young enough to potentially provide value as a spot starter and in the bullpen.

I think it's important that he was also dealing with the loss of his step brother last year. Those things affect people in very different ways and Hanson said recently that he wasn't in the right state of mind all season.

IMO he's worth taking another flier on and letting him start in the minors if he's willing to take that assignment.

Hanson doesn't suck. I remember reading that he began struggling after changing his delivery at the behest of the Braves pitching coach. Maybe Maddux can tweak things a bit and get him back to old form. There's a chance they could get a solid #3 for a discount.

did you pull this from the AW 2012/13 off season archive?

Hanson doesn't suck. I remember reading that he began struggling after changing his delivery at the behest of the Braves pitching coach. Maybe Maddux can tweak things a bit and get him back to old form. There's a chance they could get a solid #3 for a discount.

On this subject, if the Halos pitching continues to struggle, can we PLEASE can Butcher finally?

This could wind up being like the Vlad signing before 2010 or the trade for Napoli as far as the Angels are concerned.  The Rangers only need someone to cover for Holland until he recovers from knee surgery, though.  Twelve starts, maybe. They don't need an all-star, especially if Harrison or Lewis is 100%.