• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton gained 28 lbs in off season.

100% not true.

Wrong. I had this same discussion last year with HaloMagic. I'm a bodybuilder/personal trainer. Unless you're going through noob gains (and even still, 20lbs of pure muscle in 4 months is still hard to come by) you are not going to gain it without some form of PEDs. Hamilton is obviously not going through noob gains because he's been lifting seriously since high school, so that theory is out of the window.

I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that athletes are on the juice. I'm not saying Hamilton is on PEDs (more than likely he gained around 15lbs like stated earlier in this thread, half of it being muscle/the other half being fat) but if he did miraculously come into camp one day looking like Barry Bonds with 25+ pounds gained, it seems like there will always be a guy like you who knows nothing about natural bodybuilding claiming that it's possible to gain that much muscle in one offseason.

Wrong. I had this same discussion last year with HaloMagic. I'm a bodybuilder/personal trainer. Unless you're going through noob gains (and even still, 20lbs of pure muscle in 4 months is still hard to come by) you are not going to gain it without some form of PEDs. Hamilton is obviously not going through noob gains because he's been lifting seriously since high school, so that theory is out of the window.

I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that athletes are on the juice. I'm not saying Hamilton is on PEDs (more than likely he gained around 15lbs like stated earlier in this thread, half of it being muscle/the other half being fat) but if he did miraculously come into camp one day looking like Barry Bonds with 25+ pounds gained, it seems like there will always be a guy like you who knows nothing about natural bodybuilding claiming that it's possible to gain that much muscle in one offseason.

Couldn't his diet have something to do with the increase in 20 lbs of muscle also?  If he goes from a juice diet (I think that is what he was on) and changes it to a real diet with lot's of protein in it.  

Couldn't his diet have something to do with the increase in 20 lbs of muscle also?  If he goes from a juice diet (I think that is what he was on) and changes it to a real diet with lot's of protein in it.  

Of course, muscle memory also plays a vital role in fast muscle gain. I think that juice only diet was a little gimmicky though. He still ate real food, probably a sufficient amount of protein as well. Either way, he's either lying about the amount of weight he gained, on PEDs or..

Why do people always assume the person is referring to muscle? He probably gained 26 pounds of fat and 2 pounds of muscle.

This. I don't even think he stated that he gained muscle weight in the article, no?

To gain a pound a week, you have to eat 3500 extra calories. That's it. Now making that pound muscle v. fat means more exercise and most of it should be lean protein.

4 months = 16 weeks. 16 weeks x 1.5 pounds of muscle a week = 24 pounds. It's definitely do-able.

To gain a pound a week, you have to eat 3500 extra calories. That's it. Now making that pound muscle v. fat means more exercise and most of it should be lean protein.

4 months = 16 weeks. 16 weeks x 1.5 pounds of muscle a week = 24 pounds. It's definitely do-able.

LMAO. Wow..I don't even know what to say. Where do I start?

1.5 pounds of muscle a week? That's almost impossible for a 16 year old kid with noob gains and the right diet/training. You're insinuating that more exercise means = more muscle? Have you ever heard of overtraining? (which by the way, doesn't really exist when you are on drugs). Do you even know what you're talking about? I'm not going to write an essay here about why you're wrong because it isn't worth it, but let me just say this though..stop reading Men's Fitness magazines with advice from fitness models who use an assortment of different drugs to get to where they are so they can sell fake dreams to average guys like you.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

Adding muscle is easier for some than others. There are guys with naturally high testosterone levels. LOL at anyone knowing what rate of muscle Hamilton can gain in four months. 28 lbs is not difficult to do for some and impossible for most. FYI, some players even have permission by the league to use testosterone.

Adding muscle is easier for some than others. There are guys with naturally high testosterone levels. LOL at anyone knowing what rate of muscle Hamilton can gain in four months. 28 lbs is not difficult to do for some and impossible for most. FYI, some players even have permission by the league to use testosterone.

I'm on TRT (What you're mentioning) for naturally low test. The replacement therapy boosts my test from poor to optimal levels. If a player is taking testosterone legally from a doctor, his test will most likely be above average, but not enough to gain 25lbs of muscle AT 31 YEARS OLD. Yes some people gain more than others, but that usually has more to do with age and diet.

Hamilton has been lifting since he was in High School. His noob gains are long gone, there's no way a man who is 31 can gain 25+ lbs of natural muscle in 4 months. You guys are basically insinuating that if Hamilton really wanted to, he could gain 75lbs of pure muscle every year. The comments in this thread are mind-boggling.

With the proper diet, legal supplements and work out plan, Hamilton would easily gain 20 pounds of muscle in four months.

lol, impossible without juice.

maybe 10 max. the natural way, thats about 2.5lbs of lean mass, but highly unlikely.

a guy of his age usually can't gain more than 1lb per month, with a strict diet/work out plan. 

Edited by HaloNation

First, it is obvious from this thread if anyone is on PEDs it is Halos of Anaheim who is posting like he is on roid rage (or he is just acting like an ahole).  Second, Hamilton has stated he has never lifted weights like he is now, so there goes that theory.  Finally, boxers like Bernard Hopkins have jumped 15 pounds in weight (all muscle) in that amount of time and he did that at an older age than Hamilton is.

He proves it is possible.

Edited by Jim B

Why do people always assume the person is referring to muscle? He probably gained 26 pounds of fat and 2 pounds of muscle.

Glen PM'd me and said it might be Extenze-related?

Sorry Glen your name was the one I pulled out of the hat.