• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arroyo now looking for 2 years, 22 million

jsnpritchett

Offer two years $20 million. Then give Trout a nice bump to about $4 million, then you'll still be under the CBT.

Why do so many people insist on paying Trout so much extra "just for the heck of it"?

As I've written here before, if you believe making him play by the same rules as everyone else in the major leagues is going to hurt his feelings and make him play poorly or take revenge on the team in later negotiations , then you don't think much of him.

The kid is going to get a $200M offer from the Angels in the next 6 months. He'll get over making just $600k this year.

Only contract I would offer Arroyo is 1 year with mutual 2nd year option. That's it. I don't want money committed to next season in the rotation with that guy.

I would be fine with this rotation:

Weaver

Wilson

Richards

Santiago

Mulder/Blanton/Skaggs

We have depth without having to commit $22M to make it just a slight bit deeper.

Why do so many people insist on paying Trout so much extra "just for the heck of it"?

As I've written here before, if you believe making him play by the same rules as everyone else in the major leagues is going to hurt his feelings and make him play poorly or take revenge on the team in later negotiations , then you don't think much of him.

The kid is going to get a $200M offer from the Angels in the next 6 months. He'll get over making just $600k this year.

Jeff, quit making sense or we will have to ask you to leave.

Arroyo priced himself out of the Angels rotation. If he were available last season you jump on the deal since this crop of pitchers were certainly 2nd tier. But next season there are better, albeit more expensive options.

Also if you want to commit to getting younger you just have to bite the bullet and put the young guys in the rotation. Arroyo would block that.

Can people stop referring to Mark Mulder as though he's an actual option this year as a SP?  Dude hasn't pitched effectively in the big leagues in 6 years.  This madness needs to stop.

Also - I think we should just bring the actual 2002 team back and see what they got, since duplicating that = guaranteed championship.  Sound logic.