• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Bushmaster Varmintator.

It's just another AR15 hybrid to keep the weekend warriors feeling like Rambo with a cheap to fire small bore rifle. Varmint rifles are usually the inexpensive rounds like .177, .22, 204, .22-250, .223 (aka 5.56 NATO) and for the more expensive rodent killers that can be used for deer, the .243 or 6mm.

Currently most gun stores are out of .22 ammo because so many people bought AR15 look alike in .22 caliber and spray their extended clips into mountainsides, hitting nothing but using up ammo in large quantities.

You would be amazed at how many Zombie themed hunting accessories there are available along with firearms. Just feeding the market what they want and getting rich by paint schemes and catch phrase names.

This rifle exudes a quality of functional elegance, with nothing added that doesn't enhance the shooting ability of the gun. This rifle has no muzzle brake, flash hider,  bayonet lug, flashlight, laser sight, or simulated grenade launcher. The Varminter, while making an excellent sniper weapon for law enforcement, is not marketed towards the weekend commando with an array of gadgets and frills, but is purpose-built to suit the needs of the varmint and predator hunter. 

http://www.gunblast.com/Bushmaster_Varminter.htm

It's just another AR15 hybrid to keep the weekend warriors feeling like Rambo with a cheap to fire small bore rifle. Varmint rifles are usually the inexpensive rounds like .177, .22, 204, .22-250, .223 (aka 5.56 NATO) and for the more expensive rodent killers that can be used for deer, the .243 or 6mm.

Currently most gun stores are out of .22 ammo because so many people bought AR15 look alike in .22 caliber and spray their extended clips into mountainsides, hitting nothing but using up ammo in large quantities.

You would be amazed at how many Zombie themed hunting accessories there are available along with firearms. Just feeding the market what they want and getting rich by paint schemes and catch phrase names.

Guessing you're not a gun enthusiast?..

Should we be worried about you?

Guessing you're not a gun enthusiast?..

I wouldn't say enthusiast, just grew up with hunting rifles used mostly for target shooting and have kept up on some of the new toys.

Should we be worried about you?

Worried? No. I am a right to bear arms guy but I put a limit on what is considered reasonable for the consumer end. The Varmintator is nothing I would own but it doesn't cross over to something that should be banned.

Edited by Eric Notti

I've never fired a Bushmaster but fired plenty of rounds from a M-16 military rifle. These have been around for a long time because they are pretty awesome to fire. It feels comfortable to hold and there's very little recoil. Even firing the .223 rounds instead of the 5.56 NATO rounds it was accurate. I'm not really an enthusiast or a coyote killer but I can see how people get obsessed with these weapons. It's an empowering feeling to have one slung across your shoulder.