• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It took over a year, but LAPD's finest got it right!

I don't comment a whole lot anymore, but I will here...

My dad was a cop for 30 years and only had to fire his weapon a few times. It used to be that people respected cops and wanted to be cops when they grew up. Now, nobody likes cops and it's turned into a profession that's pretty damn easy to get into. It's just like the military and it's problems right now. If you lower the recruitment standards, then you're going to get a lower quality of people.

And remember, with all the bitching about cops going on, a couple bad apples doesn't mean the whole tree should be cut down. Not all cops are bad, and they have a very high risk job. Remember to thank a cop sometime for their service, just like you would thank someone in the military.

/endrant

I don't buy the 'couple of bad apples' theory.  At all.

Because if it was a couple of bad apples, then the advisory board would have come down on these idiots.  But they didn't.  They recommended full exoneration (which was overridden by the police commissioner).

Bad apples are weeded out.  These guys are never weeded out.  They are protected.

Citizens get upset when a cop acts out of line, but get irate when higher authorities don't hold them accountable. This is the problem. In the good ole days when cops were respected, the bad apples were asked for their badges. Now it's become rotten to the core that bad apples are given reprieve.

You mean where the cop shot a 13 year old with the plastic gun?

Did you read the whole story or just the headline? He was playing with a toy gun that looked like an AK-47, WITHOUT AN ORANGE TIP mind you, and then when the cops told him to drop the weapon, he raises it and turns towards them? If you still think they're at fault you're batshit crazy.

Just because there are jobs that may be more inherently dangerous doesn't change the fact that being a cop is a dangerous profession.

I'm just tired of police and fire being praised as "heroes" when loggers and fisherman have a fatality rate 10 times higher for significantly less pay. 

Loggers and fisherman are not working towards the public safety. They cut down trees in the rainforests and sweep entire sections of the ocean clean of fish. Not heroic.

The average logger/fisherman works 10x harder than the average cop and I find it hilarious that you would blame them for overfishing and deforestation. As if the blue collar guy risking his safety to provide for his family has any say in how many fish should be taken from a section of water or how many trees should be cut down in a certain area of forest. Those people do what their bosses tell them and try not to get hurt and unless you don't eat fish and live in a bamboo house you probably shouldn't cast stones.

Loggers and fisherman are not working towards the public safety. They cut down trees in the rainforests and sweep entire sections of the ocean clean of fish. Not heroic.

Our homes and businesses would be pretty pathetic without finished lumber.  Definitely an under-appreciated trade. 

Obviously not a big fan of Filet O Fish fridays at Mickey D's.

Those men who catch the fish (as well as the fry guy at mcdonalds, as well as the one who glops on the doup of tar-tar sauce on the fish patty) are heroes.

Our homes and businesses would be pretty pathetic without finished lumber.  Definitely an under-appreciated trade. 

I understand completely, my Grandfather was a logger and blinded by a falling tree that nearly killed him. But his job was in no way heroic, it was just a job that some pretty hard assed men did.

Obviously not a big fan of Filet O Fish fridays at Mickey D's.

Those men who catch the fish (as well as the fry guy at mcdonalds, as well as the one who glops on the doup of tar-tar sauce on the fish patty) are heroes.

$10 dollar an hour jobs, for sure.