• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Russell Wilson is a Ranger

The winning quarterback of the Seattle Seahawks was a Rule 5 pickup by the Rangers. He will report to there spring training facility.

The tWtW is strong with Texas.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/03/russell-wilson-plans-to-go-to-spring-training-with-the-rangers/

Is their will to win as stong as your will to be redundant (TwTbR)?

Kudos to him for taking this chance.  Other message boards are talking about him switching sports to make more money in baseball with a longer career, but I think maybe he just loves baseball too.  If anything, it's a good cross-training opportunity in his off-season.  I don't think he'll switch sports, but it will be fun to hopefully get to see him play against the Angels on 3/4!

I bet it could be arranged for Chuck to meet him, tho he will sure look funny wearing an Angels-red cap with his Seahawks jersey...

I am sure the Seahawks will be thrilled to see him risk injury in the off season and will void his contract the moment he goes on the MLB DL.

+1....He has, potentially, a hugely lucrative ahead career of him as an NFL QB....why would you risk getting your wrist broken or, worse, beaned by a wild rookie pitcher in spring training? 

Kudos to him for taking this chance.  Other message boards are talking about him switching sports to make more money in baseball with a longer career, but I think maybe he just loves baseball too.  If anything, it's a good cross-training opportunity in his off-season.  I don't think he'll switch sports, but it will be fun to hopefully get to see him play against the Angels on 3/4!

I bet it could be arranged for Chuck to meet him, tho he will sure look funny wearing an Angels-red cap with his Seahawks jersey...

Russell Wilson is just in camp to inspire and be a role model to the younger kids in ST. I wish we had picked him. He's a smart kid with good work ethic and a great attitude. He embodies the OGAAT like no other I've seen. He doesn't let the pressure of the game get to him, no matter the score or circumstances..

Russell Wilson is just in camp to inspire and be a role model to the younger kids in ST. I wish we had picked him. He's a smart kid with good work ethic and a great attitude. He embodies the OGAAT like no other I've seen. He doesn't let the pressure of the game get to him, no matter the score or circumstances..

"VALIDATION" -- Mike Scioscia.

FOX Sports confirms Russell Wilson won't "actively participate" in Texas Rangers spring training.

Any discerning fan already knew this, but apparently some didn't. The Rangers acquired Wilson's rights in last year's Rule 5 draft with the sole intention of using him as a mascot/motivational speaker. Wilson was at one point pursuing a potential career in baseball, but hung up his cleats after hitting .229/.354/.356 across 379 plate appearances in the low minors.