• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Phillip Seymour Hoffman dead of OD

He had a role in the Hunger Games. Wonder if they finished filming for the November release or if they'll have to reshoot some scenes without him or with another actor.

Remember it's a 2 part finale.  But thinking back to the books.  I don't remember him having a huge role in the last book.  He had a bigger more significant role in the second book.

Why does it piss you off?  A lot of people have a wife and three kids.  And they work hard to support them and not resort to drugs.

Sorry, but I'm tired of the celebrity, poor me, od on drugs.  Celebrate. me.  I say F them. 

That's what I'm saying.

I feel WAY WORSE for his girlfriend and three kids than someone who just threw it all away for a high.

It's generally inappropriate to speak ill of the recently departed, unless we're talking about a Hitler or someone along those lines.

Also, addiction is a terrible thing, and we really don't know the extent of his efforts to fight it. I think the person(s) who supplied him with the heroin should be arrested and prosecuted to the max. I'll speak ill of that person(s).

Edited by fan_since79

• Prescription drugs, including the blood-pressure medication clonidine hydrochloride; the addiction-treatment drug buprenorphine; Vyvanse, a drug used to treat attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder; hydroxyzine, which can be used to treat anxiety; and methocarbamol, a muscle relaxer. Authorities are investigating whether Hoffman had prescriptions for these drugs, the sources said.

i wonder what it is about acting and being a musician that pushes so many of these guys into all of this. those two professions seem to have an awfully high rate of use/abuse.

• Prescription drugs, including the blood-pressure medication clonidine hydrochloride; the addiction-treatment drug buprenorphine; Vyvanse, a drug used to treat attention-deficit (hyperactivity) disorder; hydroxyzine, which can be used to treat anxiety; and methocarbamol, a muscle relaxer. Authorities are investigating whether Hoffman had prescriptions for these drugs, the sources said.

i wonder what it is about acting and being a musician that pushes so many of these guys into all of this. those two professions seem to have an awfully high rate of use/abuse.

I think you may be approaching this from the wrong angle, honestly. I don't think being an actor does that to a person.

That would be like asking why being a comedian makes some of them such headcases.

I think you may be approaching this from the wrong angle, honestly. I don't think being an actor does that to a person.

That would be like asking why being a comedian makes some of them such headcases.

right.

you just hear more about famous people OD'ing because... they're famous.

would be interesting to see the rate of use/abuse for all drugs across different demographics. 

right.

you just hear more about famous people OD'ing because... they're famous.

would be interesting to see the rate of use/abuse for all drugs across different demographics. 

With the exception of Red Sox fans. We can agree that they're all degenerate alcoholics with no redeeming qualities.