• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jason Hammel to Cubs

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 2m

Among remaining FA SPs, Jason Hammel was the most favored by #Angels. With Hammel to #Cubs, and LHs Wilson, Santiago, Skaggs, Mulder (more), I can't see the #Angels going after another LHP like Capuano, Maholm or Saunders.

This would really be a stupid point of view.  The better point of view would be if they are better pitchers than Blanton they should sign them.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 17s

Of remaining FA SP's, I think Bronson Arroyo is best fit for #Angels cuz he’s the closest to a sure thing w/ 3 young guys in back end. (1/2)But the #Angels haven’t been comfortable with Arroyo's price all offseason. It would need to drop considerably. (2/2)

Among remaining FA SPs, Jason Hammel was the most favored by #Angels. With Hammel to #Cubs, and LHs Wilson, Santiago, Skaggs, Mulder (more), I can't see the #Angels going after another LHP like Capuano, Maholm or Saunders.

why are we treating Mark Mulder like he's anything more than a lottery ticket?

Edited by jshep

I mean, JDs job is on the line this year I would assume. I think he's doing his best to help the team (and himself) while not making another Blanton-esque move. Maybe he wants to save all the cap that he can for a mid-season acquisition? I don't know but I think he (and Moreno) have learned their lessons from last year.

I think they are actually okay with this roster as is and think we can compete (and that last year was just an aberration/worst case scenario type thing). Not saying I disagree, just trying to see where their heads are at right now.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez 17s

Of remaining FA SP's, I think Bronson Arroyo is best fit for #Angels cuz he’s the closest to a sure thing w/ 3 young guys in back end. (1/2)But the #Angels haven’t been comfortable with Arroyo's price all offseason. It would need to drop considerably. (2/2)

Understandable if he still wants 3 years. I just hope someone else doesn't sign him for 1/8 and the Angels are left picking their noses.

So the Angels had spoke/targeted Garza and favored Hammel, but couldn't land either of them. Anyone else starting to think players don't want t come here?

Maybe the much hyped feud between Jerry and Mike last year scared some players off. Maybe players don't want to play for MIke. It seems to me, with our potential offense and a pitchers park, the Angels would be a destination of choice for a pitcher.

oh well.

Let's just get this season started and see where we end up. I am getting bored with the off season.

Am I missing something here?  

But the Angels had Jason Hammel most favored?  Jason Hammel that had a 4.97 ERA, 1.46 WHIP for the Orioles last season?  Jason Hammel who only once in 8 years had a ERA lower than 4.33 and a WHIP lower than 1.39.  Jason Hammel who has a career 4.80 ERA, 1.44 WHIP?  

Is our starting rotation that bad that this would improve it?  

But the Angels had Jason Hammel most favored?  Jason Hammel that had a 4.97 ERA, 1.46 WHIP for the Orioles last season?  Jason Hammel who only once in 8 years had a ERA lower than 4.33 and a WHIP lower than 1.39.  Jason Hammel who has a career 4.80 ERA, 1.44 WHIP?  

Yes.

Joe Blanton, 2013: 6.04 ERA, 1.613 WHIP.

Arroyo for 2 years, Capauno for one. We should be able to fit in our budget.

yes.. but it doesnt leave much if the rumors are true so... if we went this route we likely stop looking for trade options.. which is probably why nothing has been done but its getting down to fish or cut bait time

It's not true. People eat up anything some random beat writer says.