• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Capuano Drops Asking Price

For the 5 million you'd spend on Capuano, I'd fill out AAA rotation with guys with some major league upside. Jurrjens, Niemann, Hanson, Santana.

But if you wanted to go for dependability I could see Harang, Saunders and Zito. My whole outlook is that spending 5 million on Capuano is unnecessary and even detrimental if it forces Skaggs or Santiago out of the rotation. But signing a couple veterans for minor league depth and a spring training invite would help stabilize the system in general and give the Angels the necessary depth to compete.

No team could lose their ace for an extended length and expect to be fine, but if its only a few starts at a time, I don't think a Tommy Hanson type would kill us. In fact it might be entertaining to see Mulder and Johan trying to complete their improbable journeys here.

Niemann BTW won't be ready til mid-season last I've read.  Also, Randy Wolf had TJ surgery in October of 2012 and missed all of last year.  He's been supposedly holding out for a guaranteed roster spot, Santana has been in talks to return to the Twins.

All I know, competition is a good thing, depth is a must over 162 games and the Angels need to make certain that Blanton is not the 6th starter.  .

• The Red Sox (who have six legitimate big-league starters, plus a strong Triple-A rotation) and Cardinals (who keep adding young talent to complement Adam Wainwright) are smart to treasure their starting pitching depth, writes CBS Sports' Dayn Perry. Of last year's playoff teams, only the Tigers avoided giving at least than 15 starts to pitchers who weren't rotation regulars. Four teams -- the PiratesDodgersRays and Cardinals -- gave at least 30 starts to pitchers who weren't in their usual top five.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24426658/red-sox-cardinals-wise-to-retain-rotation-depth

For the 5 million you'd spend on Capuano, I'd fill out AAA rotation with guys with some major league upside. Jurrjens, Niemann, Hanson, Santana.

But if you wanted to go for dependability I could see Harang, Saunders and Zito. My whole outlook is that spending 5 million on Capuano is unnecessary and even detrimental if it forces Skaggs or Santiago out of the rotation. But signing a couple veterans for minor league depth and a spring training invite would help stabilize the system in general and give the Angels the necessary depth to compete.

No team could lose their ace for an extended length and expect to be fine, but if its only a few starts at a time, I don't think a Tommy Hanson type would kill us. In fact it might be entertaining to see Mulder and Johan trying to complete their improbable journeys here.

The Angels could've just kept Jerome Williams tbh

Honestly, though, the way you're looking at things, it'd be best to trade for a Zach Lee type.

Start him out in AAA and then when someone inevitably gets hurt, call him up.

Edited by Poozy

i have to think there is a reason they signed him.. the scouted him ,saw him throw... i dont think they are using thr force here.

are they counting on it.. i dont think so but i do think they saw something to indicate it was realistic or they wouldnt have bothered.

There is nothing they could possibly have seen that should make them feel comfortable about penciling him in as anymore than a 7th or 8th string starter that might throw one or two games for this team.