• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dodgers concerned about Alexander Guerrero’s ability to play defense at second base

NrM

Kendrick will not get three players in return.

One of those guys was in rookie ball, the other in Low A -- but as a whole I agree.    I don't think the Angels would consider moving HK prior to the season for anyone in Low A.

At the deadline -- maybe.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Kendrick will not get three players in return.

One of those guys was in rookie ball, the other in Low A -- but as a whole I agree.    I don't think the Angels would consider moving HK prior to the season for anyone in Low A.

At the deadline -- maybe.

In regards to Kendrick's value I actually will choose to disagree with the two of you and say that Shane is right that Howie could bring back three solid young (talking Rookie/A/maybe AA types) prospects. Or he could bring back a Zack Lee/Withrow type return too. He has significant value.

In regards to Kendrick's value I actually will choose to disagree with the two of you and say that Shane is right that Howie could bring back three solid young (talking Rookie/A/maybe AA types) prospects. Or he could bring back a Zack Lee/Withrow type return too. He has significant value.

Well, I don't think they'd get three players for him right now, I don't believe they would take anyone in low A right now.  But at the deadline -- I'd not bet against it.

Entering the season, I'd say the Angels would set the bar at AA and above.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

I still scratch my head at the trade that fell through with the Dodgers. The Angels are really headed in the wrong direction if they are the ones that said no.

I'll still hold to my VERY speculative opinion that in late June/early July the Angels were seriously considering trading Scioscia and Kendrick for Mattingly (maybe), Lee and Withrow and that the reason the Angels said no was that Moreno couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger. Again that was my very speculative opinion and was based nothing more on the fact that at that point in time there was a lot of talk about Scioscia and Dipoto's job status and that in mid-late June the Dodgers were still unsure they wanted to keep Mattingly.

For me it is a plausible excuse as to why Moreno chose to say no to the trade.

Edited by ettin

Let Lindsey spend time in AAA and throw Romine, Green, and a sleeper Matt Long at 2B till he is ready.

Just trade Howie for salary relief and prospects.

Totally forgot about Long, who bats left. I'd love to platoon him and Green and like you guys, get Lindsey more seasoning in AAA.

I'll still hold to my VERY speculative opinion that in late June/early July the Angels were seriously considering trading Scioscia and Kendrick for Mattingly (maybe), Lee and Withrow and that the reason the Angels said no was that Moreno couldn't bring himself to pull the trigger. Again that was my very speculative opinion and was based nothing more on the fact that at that point in time there was a lot of talk about Scioscia and Dipoto's job status and that in mid-late June the Dodgers were still unsure they wanted to keep Mattingly.

For me it is a plausible excuse as to why Moreno chose to say no to the trade.

The Dodgers said no to that deal.