• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

LA Angels | MLB Daily

Welcome to THE INTERNET HOME FOR ANGELS FANS! This is where we talk Angels Baseball or anything MLB related.  If you're new, be sure to introduce yourself to the community.

34,110 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
    • 28 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 20 replies
    • 1.9k views
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 28 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 22 replies
    • 1.7k views
  1. single tix advice

• 2 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 13 replies
  2. Okay, Seriously

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. Lackey

• 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 155 replies
    • 5.4k views
    • 8 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. Lineup 2/23 vs Giants

• 10 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 0 replies
  5. Lineup 2/23 vs Cubs 1 2

• 27 replies
    • 1.8k views
    • 1 reply
    • 18 replies
  6. Rotation for ST set 1 2

• 27 replies
    • 1.6k views
  7. 2012 Matchups

• 10 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 27 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 1 reply
    • 26 replies
    • 1.7k views

• The Inside Story of Shohei Ohtani

Purchase Fletcher's book on Ohtani today!

• The Latest Blog Entries

• OUTSIDE THE HALO TOPICS

• Our picks

• Last time we missed out on the "big 4"
      In the 2015 offseason we needed an outfielder. Cespedes, Upton, Gordon, and Heyward were available. Many fans including me were screaming for us to get one of them. We missed out on all of them.

What can we learn? 

Cespedes signed a 3/75 deal with the Mets. He had and incredible first year, opted out, and then signed a 4/110 with the Mets. He finished having one great season with the Mets before injuries essentially ended his career. 

Upton signed a 6/132 contract with Tigers. He played very well on Tigers before they ...well you know the rest.

Gordon signed a 4/72 with the Royals and played mediocre to just plain terrible. 

Heyward signed a disastrous 8/184 with the Cubs. 

The Angels platoon plan of Nava/Gentry was an incredible poorly executed plan 

Looking back 3 of the 4 outfielders would have been really bad, but our plan while cheaper was a giant mistake as well. 

I think these 4 SS are more elite than those outfielders, but I guess I'm feeling I hope we have a legitimate back-up plan if we don't land one. 
      • 15 replies
    • Three Different Paths Forward This Offseason
      With the upcoming Winter Meetings, there's lots of speculation as to what Minasian and the Angels might do, and with it a great deal of uncertainty. For one, Minasian has already plugged significant roster performance leakage with the acquisitions of Tyler Anderson (starting depth), Gio Urshela (bench depth), and Hunter Renfroe (starting outfielder). But holes remain, or at least questions: the bullpen lacks firepower, the starting middle infielders, and the sixth starter.

Those questions have in-house answers: The Angels have David Fletcher and Luis Rengifo, both of whom have strengths and weaknesses. Fletcher is a Gold Glove caliber second baseman and a plus shortstop, but with a weak bat. Rengifo seemed to have a legit breakthrough with the bat last year, but is probably average plus at second base and average minus at shortstop, so doubles with Fletcher as a guy who is best utilized at second base. Gio Urshela is stretched at either position, but could fill in in a pinch, and is more likely to rotate as a super utility player who provides insurance for Rendon and Walsh, and ends up accruing regular playing time at multiple positions (or so Minasian says). Livan Soto and Andrew Velazquez will duke it out for the final bench spot, though one or both will likely end up in AAA to start the season. But the point being, the Angels have adequate coverage of the middle infield, but have room for improvement - especially with a starting shortstop, which would move Rengifo and Fletcher into a 2B/UT platoon.

• 27 replies
    • Winter Meeting Predictions
      Since the Winter Meetings start today, I thought it would be fun to post our predictions. They can be predictions for any team or just based off the Angels. 

Here are my winter meeting predictions:

Judge signs with a mystery team (Mets, Phillies, Braves, Houston)
      Mets sign Verlander
      Trea Turner signs with Phillies
      Angels trade for Scott Barlow and make a decent trade for a shortstop (Joey Wendle)
      Padres sign Syndergaard 
      Houston signs Cody Bellinger 
      Brandon Nimmo signs with Toronto

And the big surprise is that the Padres trade Tatis Jr to the Baltimore orioles for Gunnar Henderson, Colton Cowser and two pitching prospects. 
      • 81 replies