AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
AngelsWin.com Fan Forum
Search | Home | Chat | Blog | Store | Interviews | History Forums | Quotes | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "C'mon Mauer, put your skirt into it, this is The Show! Not ladies night at the Deluth Putt & Hut." - PS3 Commercial for MLB The Show: 2011
- (Added by: Tad)

Dodger gang-banger fans make like Raider fans at game
Moderators: tomsred, Adam, IEBRUIN, Bruce Nye, Kurt Swanson, Blarg, mancini79

View previous thread :: View next thread
   AngelsWin -> Los Angeles Angels DailyMessage format

yk9000
Posted 2008-10-15 9:20 AM (#266924)
Subject: Dodger gang-banger fans make like Raider fans at game

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-fans15-200...

Of course the LA Times won't admit that its gangbangers with teardrop tats causing the problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TK14
Posted 2008-10-15 9:25 AM (#266941 - in reply to #266924)
Subject: Re: Dodger gang-banger fans make like Raider fans at game

All-Star

The City should impose a ban on selling Alcoholic Beverages at that place.
IEBRUIN
Posted 2008-10-15 9:48 AM (#267015 - in reply to #266941)

TK14 - 10/15/2008 9:25 AM The City should impose a ban on selling Alcoholic Beverages at that place.

Los Angeles?

mancini79
Posted 2008-10-15 9:46 AM (#267007 - in reply to #266924)

Hall of Fame

They have already banned alcohol in the outfield. Basically what it boils down to is not enough security/ushers. When I went to game 3 against the Cubs I couldn't find any ushers in my line of sight. Fans are allowed to follow visiting team fans and heckle them as they walk to their seats. The stadium does a piss poor job of showing that they are the one's in control. Sometimes I think that the Angels security is a bit too tight, but after going to a Doyyer game I see what it looks like when there is no grasp on security anywhere. I'd rather have too much security presence than not enough.
Halo
Posted 2008-10-15 12:29 PM (#267274 - in reply to #267007)

mancini79 - 10/15/2008 9:46 AM They have already banned alcohol in the outfield. Basically what it boils down to is not enough security/ushers. When I went to game 3 against the Cubs I couldn't find any ushers in my line of sight. Fans are allowed to follow visiting team fans and heckle them as they walk to their seats. The stadium does a piss poor job of showing that they are the one's in control. Sometimes I think that the Angels security is a bit too tight, but after going to a Doyyer game I see what it looks like when there is no grasp on security anywhere. I'd rather have too much security presence than not enough.

I think what it boils down to is there are a bunch of idoits that go to Dodger games. 

AngelsOwnAll
Posted 2008-10-15 11:09 AM (#267180 - in reply to #266924)

Hall of Fame

Just more proof that the Dodgers, their fans, their stadium and so on are scum.

calscuf
Posted 2008-10-15 11:42 AM (#267214 - in reply to #266924)

All-Star

Yosemite Sam mudflaps.
bruinman74
Posted 2008-10-15 12:43 PM (#267300 - in reply to #266924)

Hall of Fame

True. If they were more intelligent they would be Angels fans.
Chilidaviseyez
Posted 2008-10-15 12:46 PM (#267302 - in reply to #267300)

Hall of Fame

They'll price them out Disneyland style inevitably to help pay for the mall they are building behind the outfield.
bruinman74
Posted 2008-10-15 4:21 PM (#267613 - in reply to #266924)

Hall of Fame

Even a couple lady Dodger fans here at work admit sometimes there are "ghetto" fans out at Dodger Stadium.
Ash 4 Angels
Posted 2008-10-15 4:32 PM (#267619 - in reply to #266924)

A good friend of mine is dodger fan, we talk a lot about baseball and hes a cool dude.

But im still hoping the Dodgers lose humiliatingly.
Brandon
Posted 2008-10-15 4:46 PM (#267644 - in reply to #266924)

Yeah, my best friend is a Dog fan and we have jabs and fun. We used to go to each others home site for games, hangout, and catch a game making fun of our teams. Even he uses words like "Doyyers" and calls out the scum that fill the stadium. He was raised in LA so he is a legit fan but hates the gang bangers that flock to the stadium.
Tad
Posted 2008-10-15 5:08 PM (#267649 - in reply to #266924)
Subject: RE: Dodger gang-banger fans make like Raider fans at game

All-Star

Doyyer Stadium is basically in the heart of Los Angeles...... In the heart of gangbanger country! And as long as there are gangbangers living near and around Doyyer Stadium and in LA County, there will always be gangbangers there, and that place will always be rowdy. There's no escaping that dreadful reality, no matter how much security and cops you put into it.

Edited by Tadeus12 2008-10-15 5:10 PM
full circle
Posted 2008-10-15 5:26 PM (#267664 - in reply to #266924)

All-Star

That could very easily become the Angels as well. There has been a very clear rise in that sort of element at Angel Stadium, albeit not nearly as bad as the Latrine.
Halo
Posted 2008-10-15 5:46 PM (#267688 - in reply to #266924)

Oh, yeah, there's definitely more of that element in Anaheim these days. There's a good balance now, I think. A little attitude is good.
umbrellaman
Posted 2008-10-15 5:54 PM (#267696 - in reply to #266924)

All-Star

^^A little attitude is definitely good. I don't want our stadium to be like Chavez Ravine, but I also don't want fans of other teams to feel like they can walk in and make themselves feel at home.
CyLackey21
Posted 2008-10-15 8:50 PM (#267894 - in reply to #267696)

Orem Owlz

umbrellaman - 10/15/2008 5:54 PM

^^A little attitude is definitely good. I don't want our stadium to be like Chavez Ravine, but I also don't want fans of other teams to feel like they can walk in and make themselves feel at home.

I'd rather have more fans at angel stadium that actually understand the game, know when to cheer (to get the stupid messages off the scoreboard that make us look like morons), know when to stand, and stay for the entire game. Sorry but the clowns that come to the game that are looking for a fight don't empress me. fans who know the game stick up for themselves. For example, you never hear about St. Louis fans being pushed around in their stadium and there is no gang element there.
Halo
Posted 2008-10-16 6:46 AM (#268236 - in reply to #267894)

CyLackey21 - 10/15/2008 8:50 PM
umbrellaman - 10/15/2008 5:54 PM ^^A little attitude is definitely good. I don't want our stadium to be like Chavez Ravine, but I also don't want fans of other teams to feel like they can walk in and make themselves feel at home.
I'd rather have more fans at angel stadium that actually understand the game, know when to cheer (to get the stupid messages off the scoreboard that make us look like morons), know when to stand, and stay for the entire game. Sorry but the clowns that come to the game that are looking for a fight don't empress me. fans who know the game stick up for themselves. For example, you never hear about St. Louis fans being pushed around in their stadium and there is no gang element there.

Pipe dream.  There is no place that doesn't have casual fans.   No stadium is full of diehards like the ones on this board. 

umbrellaman
Posted 2008-10-16 12:51 AM (#268192 - in reply to #266924)

All-Star

So would I, but lets be honest, it doesn't seem like the Angel Stadium crowd is going to evolve into Cardinal-type fans anytime soon. And while we wait for that to happen, we'll still have to deal with tons of crap from visiting fans. Besides, St. Louis is in Missouri. Who the hell lives in Missouri besides St. Louis fans?? Here in Southern California you'll find fans of every team in MLB and they all want to come out and see their team when it's in town. At least they're kept in check in Dodger stadium. We're doormats for visiting fans.
willsohig
Posted 2008-10-16 3:46 AM (#268209 - in reply to #266924)

I am a Dodger fan first, Angel fan second. I think it's hilarious how much hate Dodger fans get. The fact that there are gang members at games doesn't really harm safety for the majority of fans, it just creates a perception of a dangerous atmosphere, which you have all clearly bought into, since you are Angels fans and like to hate on the Dodgers. The gang members fight with one another, not a family of four. If being around latinos scares you, yes, I would suggest you stay home. We are mostly just normal people. There are a few people who make everyone look bad. Lol @ this thread.
AngelClipperFanInOz
Posted 2008-10-16 5:54 AM (#268223 - in reply to #268209)

Hall of Fame

willsohig - 10/16/2008 6:46 PM

I am a Dodger fan first, Angel fan second. I think it's hilarious how much hate Dodger fans get. The fact that there are gang members at games doesn't really harm safety for the majority of fans, it just creates a perception of a dangerous atmosphere, which you have all clearly bought into, since you are Angels fans and like to hate on the Dodgers. The gang members fight with one another, not a family of four. If being around latinos scares you, yes, I would suggest you stay home. We are mostly just normal people. There are a few people who make everyone look bad. Lol @ this thread.
I can see where you are coming from, but I feel you exaggerate the situation a bit. From my experience at Dodger Stadium, the more expensive seats you buy the safer you are. If you're out of the bleachers then you shouldn't have a problem, but when I was in the left field pavilion for an Angels v Dodgers game a few years back I maintain it was one of the scariest sporting situations I have ever been with. When I went with my brother (a Braves fan) to a Braves v Dodgers game and sat in the All You Can Eat pavilion this year it wasn't much better. If you're in the main areas you should be okay, but that whole place isn't exatly the friendliest in the world. Having said that, there are some good people and when I'm near them I really enjoy talking baseball with them.
yk9000
Posted 2008-10-16 7:30 AM (#268255 - in reply to #268209)

willsohig - 10/16/2008 3:46 AM

Why are they fighting at all? They are at a baseball game.
Hi-Def-Halos
Posted 2008-10-16 7:57 AM (#268268 - in reply to #268209)

Arkansas Travelers

willsohig - 10/16/2008 3:46 AM

Wear Angels gear to Dodger stadium and you are going to have things thrown at you and foul mouthed comments made to your wife, kids, mother. Your stupid ass comments about being around latinos speak volumes about your ignorance. I, as well as many others, have grown up around latinos all our lives, have latinos as part of our families and close circle of friends. This is about assholes, not latinos. You are dead wrong about who gets targeted at Dodger Stadium. It's not just in the pavillions and it isn't just a few bad apples.

Edited by Hi-Def-Halos 2008-10-16 7:58 AM
IEBRUIN
Posted 2008-10-16 9:20 AM (#268424 - in reply to #268209)

willsohig - 10/16/2008 3:46 AM I am a Dodger fan first, Angel fan second. I think it's hilarious how much hate Dodger fans get. The fact that there are gang members at games doesn't really harm safety for the majority of fans, it just creates a perception of a dangerous atmosphere, which you have all clearly bought into, since you are Angels fans and like to hate on the Dodgers. The gang members fight with one another, not a family of four. If being around latinos scares you, yes, I would suggest you stay home. We are mostly just normal people. There are a few people who make everyone look bad. Lol @ this thread.

Gangbangers aren't normal people.  They are pitiful human beings. And,yes, they make all of you dog fans look bad.

And, no, being around latinos doesn't scare me.

Chilidaviseyez
Posted 2008-10-16 11:46 AM (#268679 - in reply to #268424)

Hall of Fame

IEBRUIN - 10/16/2008 9:20 AM

I thought you said you got nervous at your last family reunion?

IEBRUIN
Posted 2008-10-16 12:07 PM (#268704 - in reply to #268679)

Chilidaviseyez - 10/16/2008 11:46 AM
IEBRUIN - 10/16/2008 9:20 AM

I thought you said you got nervous at your last family reunion?

Only after they told me she was my cousin.

Chonito
Posted 2008-10-16 5:47 AM (#268221 - in reply to #266924)

Hall of Fame

The gang members fight with one another, not a family of four.

So, do tell.....what happens if a family of four just happens to be sitting next to these gang members when they "fight with one another"? I suppose you don't consider them at risk?

Seems to me "normal people" would want the gang bangers to keep their fighting on the streets and not bring it to a so called family environment.

Sorry, you didn't sway this person's opinion one iota. Go somewhere else and stick up for your gang fans.
Coolout
Posted 2008-10-16 9:52 AM (#268472 - in reply to #266924)

Sigh
mancini79
Posted 2008-10-17 12:13 AM (#269587 - in reply to #266924)

Hall of Fame

The outfield bleachers at Ravine are the WORST! A few years back I went to the Doyyer/Skanks game and unfortunately sat in the outfield. I was with a group of people and the whole time we couldn't enjoy the game due to the morons around us. Doyyer fans were out to attack both skanks fans and there OWN fans. My favorite was when one Doyyer hit a beach ball and accidentally hit another Doyyer fan a few rows up. The guy that got hit got up and tried to start a fight with the other guy. We had to leave the game early cuz the girls we were with no longer felt safe and wanted to leave. I agree that the more expensive the seats, the better the fans. But most families of 4 can't afford $200/game. So it's either not to go, or have the family around a bunch of obnoxious, foul mouth fans. I am friends with Doyyer fans and they even refuse to sit in the outfield. Recently I went to the Cubs game and sat up in the Reserved seats. I looked over at the outfield pavilion seats and have seen it's still just as bad out there.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Registered to: Angelswin.com
(Delete all cookies set by this site)